Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
It’s not a lot of time to judge him. But within 2 mins he’d made 4 decent ball winning tackles . One of which put us in for our 3rd goal. And immediately sured up our midfield that had been non existent for the previous 60 minutes.
early days but those 30 mins told me he is more than capable.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon the lad will bulk out even more in the next 2 or 3 years, maybe he's still growing.

He's now getting top level conditioning

He'll look some athlete in years to come. And he looks pretty good now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a brilliant home debut. For me the highlight of another good day for the Albion. I think that for all our intricate, attractive football we always look another level when we have a Biss or Caicedo- type player beasting the midfield.

I think Gilmour and Baleba is the future, and we've just seen a first glimpse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely agree. Until Baleba came on BG was covering acres in an attempt it appears to play the DM role..did his best but bounced off some of the Bmuff giants! Soon as Baleba was on BG able to play a more attacking role. So refreshing to see Baleba hassle players in possession, win back the ball and have the confidence to run with it..instrumental in the 3rd goal.

Exactly.

I prefer Gilmour/Gross further upfield, with a DM sitting in front of the back 4.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This was an astute substitution. I am not sure he has yet agined RDZs trust. Did really well breaking up play and playing simple passes, but it might have been different if he had started and needed to focus on ball retention.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Exactly.

I prefer Gilmour/Gross further upfield, with a DM sitting in front of the back 4.
100%. I think since Caicedo left they’ve been making do and yesterday was a prime example of that. Can’t expect Baleba to play all the games, but when he does play it will free up BG/PG/MD to play a more attacking role and give much better balance in the middle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This was an astute substitution. I am not sure he has yet agined RDZs trust. Did really well breaking up play and playing simple passes, but it might have been different if he had started and needed to focus on ball retention.
Ball retention was what let Pervis down yesterday I thought. But I appreciate your point.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Love to see him start against Chelsea next to Billy Gilmour and absolutely ruin them.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Very much what’s needed as dahoud looks awful
Hes an odd one dahoud. He does some things really well. He's got lovely feet and occassionaly picks out a nice pass. He's also calm in tight spaces. Played a lovely flick for the 2nd goal as well. He also seems to avoid tackles and can be a bit 'luxury'. Twice yesterday I noticed him just not bothering trying to win a loose 50/50 and really slow and unhustled jogging back.

One thing I would say is Wee Billy I'd now looking exceptional and has, if anything a better passing range than Dahoud. So if he wants to He 'passing guy' given how good Baleba looks, he probably wants to work on his all round game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hes an odd one dahoud. He does some things really well. He's got lovely feet and occassionaly picks out a nice pass. He's also calm in tight spaces. Played a lovely flick for the 2nd goal as well. He also seems to avoid tackles and can be a bit 'luxury'. Twice yesterday I noticed him just not bothering trying to win a loose 50/50 and really slow and unhustled jogging back.

One thing I would say is Wee Billy I'd now looking exceptional and has, if anything a better passing range than Dahoud. So if he wants to He 'passing guy' given how good Baleba looks, he probably wants to work on his all round game.
Dahoud just looks like the second coming of Davy Propper. Who himself was the second coming of Robert Codner. That doesn't fill me with great joy. There will be some occasional lovely stuff though.

Baleba, now there's potential all wrapped up in the body of some kind of giant puppy, all bounding around with enthusiasm, legs everywhere and he's going to be some beast when all grown up.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Eventually I see Gilmour and Baleba as the preferred defensive mid pairing.

Bart

Veltman
Van Hecke
Dunk
Pervis

Gilmour
Baleba

March
Pedro
Mitoma

Ferguson

Everyone available, that would be my starting 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here