Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Where the fkin rest of the sales money. Keeping it in his piggy bank for a rainy day
What! Give your head a wobble.

I imagine it is being used to invest in the club in what ever way TB feels best, and if he is gets some of his money back, that is fair enough.

The biggest issue is not the transfer fees paid, it is player wages and running costs.

I am sure if we can get another player that will help the squad and everything aligns then we will do it. If not then we go with what we have.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm just saying what a lot of people deep down are thinking, but scared to come out with it.
Why would anyone be "scared" to come out with that crock of shit?

Bloom spent £93m of his own money building the stadium, and another £20m on Lancing. He's also bankrolled transfer spending for a decade or more.

I couldn't give a shiny shite if he decides to spend 50p on a Caicedo replacement and not £50m. I'm a mere supporter, I just want to watch a decent side and not at the expense of sending the club to the wall.

What sort of bellend whines that the board haven't spent massively replacing Caicedo and Mac under those circumstances?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
To be fair to Rebel, there was a guy in the Victoria (maybe it's him?) who was saying something very similar about Tony Bloom's lack of desire to invest in the team and the club. I didn't handle the conversation very well because I was certain he was on a wind up and deliberately spouting the most tedious and ridiculous opinions ever heard but he was totally serious - he genuinely was of the opinion that Bloom has made "hundreds of millions" from the club now and was reluctant to invest, despite the success on the pitch, because he doesn't want to lose the money. Naturally, I asked what he thought the motive would be and he thinks that Bloom isn't actually worth a lot of money and needs the club to fund his lifestyle.

I asked what that lifestyle was, there was no answer.

I asked where the money for the stadium, training ground and player trading over the last 15 years have come from and there was no answer.
Probably goes in the Tunnel Club

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Where the fkin rest of the sales money. Keeping it in his piggy bank for a rainy day
Servicing TBs nearly £500 million he personally has Plowed in the club to date, I have no idea how TBs other business ventures have coped over recent years but I suspect his costs have increased while his sale have decreased

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
To be fair to Rebel, there was a guy in the Victoria (maybe it's him?) who was saying something very similar about Tony Bloom's lack of desire to invest in the team and the club. I didn't handle the conversation very well because I was certain he was on a wind up and deliberately spouting the most tedious and ridiculous opinions ever heard but he was totally serious - he genuinely was of the opinion that Bloom has made "hundreds of millions" from the club now and was reluctant to invest, despite the success on the pitch, because he doesn't want to lose the money. Naturally, I asked what he thought the motive would be and he thinks that Bloom isn't actually worth a lot of money and needs the club to fund his lifestyle.

I asked what that lifestyle was, there was no answer.

I asked where the money for the stadium, training ground and player trading over the last 15 years have come from and there was no answer.
People like that are either 15 years old and only just become aware of Brighton, but usually wear Mbappe tops. Or they are not actually Brighton fans.

You can’t have been a fan for a few years without knowing about our owner, and a bit of our history.

Bells like you describe sound like big 6 and Newcastle fans.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Back on topic. Some interesting comments from Adam Virgo on Albion Unlimited regarding Baleba's qualities. Carlos definitely sounds like he can cover the ground and be the disruptor. Not so much of a playmaker but he can get the ball away quickly to those who are. This very much tallies with RDZ's positive response to the signing, not going to lie I am pretty excited by this one.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I suspect there's been a few potential signings this summer where we've walked away. Our determination to sign this kid is very exciting. Big pressure on him but we clearly rate him as a worldie.
Can't wait to see him in the stripes!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I suspect there's been a few potential signings this summer where we've walked away. Our determination to sign this kid is very exciting. Big pressure on him but we clearly rate him as a worldie.
Can't wait to see him in the stripes!
Personally speaking i hope that we do not see him on the pitch this weekend unless it is at half time to introduce him. I say that because i feel it would put a lot of pressure on a young inexperienced player who has only just arrived in a new country with new team mates playing a style in a league that is quite intense.
I know most of us on here are nowhere near as entitled as some of the other top teams fans but if he is thrown in too early and makes a mistake leading to a goal against us some may be adversely judgemental and his confidence may suffer.
All that being said i trust this club and its management to assess him properly and make the right decision.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Personally speaking i hope that we do not see him on the pitch this weekend unless it is at half time to introduce him. I say that because i feel it would put a lot of pressure on a young inexperienced player who has only just arrived in a new country with new team mates playing a style in a league that is quite intense.
I know most of us on here are nowhere near as entitled as some of the other top teams fans but if he is thrown in too early and makes a mistake leading to a goal against us some may be adversely judgemental and his confidence may suffer.
All that being said i trust this club and its management to assess him properly and make the right decision.
I don't think he would be that fragile.

He got thrown into the French top league and has stepped up.

We need his attributes .

I really hope we see him sooner rather than later.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Zero chance of him playing on Saturday- give him a chance to get settled!
After the International break on the bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here