Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really pleased we have closed our biggest squad gap. Welcome Carlos. LB/LWB and RW still required

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm just saying what a lot of people deep down are thinking, but scared to come out with it.
IMG_6144.jpeg

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm just saying what a lot of people deep down are thinking, but scared to come out with it.
No.

You’re just saying what you’re thinking, and assuming ‘lots of people’ not only think the same way you do, but are too weak-willed to say.

Which is ridiculous. Like you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So by the time Baleba born, James Milner had already played 29 Premier League games, scoring 3 goals. Plus 6 Second Division games (including one against Brighton) scoring 2 goals, 4 FA Cup and 1 League Cup appearances.

In fact on the day Carlos Baleba was born James Milner was playing for Leeds in a 4-1 FA Cup loss to Arsenal (not a happy 18th birthday).

To complete the story, 20 years ago young James holidayed in Cameroon and Carlos calls him “Dad”.

Last edited:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
No.

Deep down, people are thinking this:

‘Will the Caicedo money help reduce the club’s £400m+ debt to Tony Bloom - I hope so.’
Yes TB has invested £400M but I believe his long term plan is not to get his money back whilst still owning the club, more to make the club sustainable, with no additional money needed year on year.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
To be fair to Rebel, there was a guy in the Victoria (maybe it's him?) who was saying something very similar about Tony Bloom's lack of desire to invest in the team and the club. I didn't handle the conversation very well because I was certain he was on a wind up and deliberately spouting the most tedious and ridiculous opinions ever heard but he was totally serious - he genuinely was of the opinion that Bloom has made "hundreds of millions" from the club now and was reluctant to invest, despite the success on the pitch, because he doesn't want to lose the money. Naturally, I asked what he thought the motive would be and he thinks that Bloom isn't actually worth a lot of money and needs the club to fund his lifestyle.

I asked what that lifestyle was, there was no answer.

I asked where the money for the stadium, training ground and player trading over the last 15 years have come from and there was no answer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The club seems to have a lot of faith in Baleba given how inexperienced he is. I'm not gonna doubt their judgement, but I'd be fascinated to see the Starlizard data that (presumably) has made Bloom et. al. so confident that he's gonna be immense.
i suspect its the same data that got Moises and Biss to us, trust the process is my advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here