Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where the fkin rest of the sales money. Keeping it in his piggy bank for a rainy day
Yep - we’re a shit and tight club who have no clue how to act in the transfer market. Look at how Chelsea are doing things - that’s the model we should follow!

Jimmy Grimble

I didn’t miss your point, Jimmy. There are plenty of reasons a player might or might not be chosen. Equally, there’s every chance he’ll be chosen even if he’s not playing well. Or chosen and not played. Lots of permutations but the fact is, as a Brighton supporter first and foremost, I can’t bring myself to hope he’s not available for 5 or 6 weeks — whatever the reason. Afcon is a right pain for European clubs with African players.
Again, I hope we don’t lose him for lots of games but the likelihood is if he doesn’t get picked, it’ll be because he’s not done well in his first few months here, which wouldn’t be great for us. Pretty simple.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Again, I hope he doesn’t get picked either but the likelihood is if he doesn’t get picked, it’ll be because he’s not done well in his first few months here. Pretty simple.

Let’s see how the lad settles in here before we worry about what may or may not happen in January.

As I posted earlier he’s never been called up by them apart from a preliminary squad in March this year. He’s not in the current squad despite playing in the French top flight when someone from Reading and a couple playing in Turkey are in there.

Maybe they just don’t think ready yet which is why he has never figured for them and he won’t have a massive amount of time to establish himself here (only 2 more international breaks in October and November which will be friendlies) to get himself in the picture for the AFCON.

Even if he does well here the manager may prefer to go with more established players for the finals, it won’t be a reflection on what has happened here if he doesn’t get picked for the AFCON as an uncapped player.

Jimmy Grimble

Let’s see how the lad settles in here before we worry about what may or may not happen in January.

As I posted earlier he’s never been called up by them apart from a preliminary squad in March this year. He’s not in the current squad despite playing in the French top flight when someone from Reading and a couple playing in Turkey are in there.

Maybe they just don’t think ready yet which is why he has never figured for them and he won’t have a massive amount of time to establish himself here (only 2 more international breaks in October and November which will be friendlies) to get himself in the picture for the AFCON.

Even if he does well here the manager may prefer to go with more established players for the finals, it won’t be a reflection on what has happened here if he doesn’t get picked for the AFCON as an uncapped player.
It would likely be a great reflection on what he (hypothetically) has done here if he did get picked though, wouldn’t it?

Would likely mean he’s hit the ground running and shown he can hold himself in the PL, which was my original point.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

He's the most expensive outfield Cameroon player ever. If he's not in the next squad, I'll eat @Kosh's Richie Blackmore hat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here