[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Our midfield is far from weak. Lallana, Gross, Dahoud, Gilmour, Pedro as a CAM, Julio, Milner, Baleba, Buonanotte, to fill 3 positions. RDZ should be able to get a tune out of that almost every game.

Weak is Dale Stephens, Pascal, and Davy Propper pretty much every single game all season!
Too lightweight not enough steel

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
If he doesn’t get picked for it would that not be more worrying?

If he gets picked it’ll likely be because he’s slotted into PL football seamlessly. Surely gotta be better for us than if he can’t get into a fairly average Cameroon squad.
Depends how far Cameroon get in the tournament of course but Baleba could potentially miss 5 PL games, 2 FA Cup ties and possibly a Europa League game (if we get through the group). It’s natural to be proud of a player who does well for his country but come on, when a tournament takes place during the domestic season I’d much prefer him to be available to play here.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where is this pic taken? Is it the stand at the training ground where the U-21s play their matches?

Baleba.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I probably crossed a line there, oh well. I could have done a Ricky Gervais and told a joke about Ann
I once had to share a ski chalet with him. He was nowhere near as bad as I thought. However his son was a complete and utter c*** :ohmy:
I’m bit stoned tonight and that did make me giggle

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Usually another weeks holiday.

I won a kids talent contest many years ago at some holiday camp and won my family a weeks holiday in Seaton, Devon in October. A real wet and miserable place at the end of the holiday season with everything around closed up already. Not sure my parents really appreciated my win.
Second prize was two weeks

Jimmy Grimble

Depends how far Cameroon get in the tournament of course but Baleba could potentially miss 5 PL games, 2 FA Cup ties and possibly a Europa League game (if we get through the group). It’s natural to be proud of a player who does well for his country but come on, when a tournament takes place during the domestic season I’d much prefer him to be available to play here.
As would I, but you have completely missed my point. If he isn’t picked for an average Cameroon side, what will that say about the start he’ll have made here?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He looks very young in that picture but he’s 19 and we have other players in the first team around his age.
Boundless energy, strong, quick feet, and a little raw.
International break will be a chance to bed him in.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
As would I, but you have completely missed my point. If he isn’t picked for an average Cameroon side, what will that say about the start he’ll have made here?
I didn’t miss your point, Jimmy. There are plenty of reasons a player might or might not be chosen. Equally, there’s every chance he’ll be chosen even if he’s not playing well. Or chosen and not played. Lots of permutations but the fact is, as a Brighton supporter first and foremost, I can’t bring myself to hope he’s not available for 5 or 6 weeks — whatever the reason. Afcon is a right pain for European clubs with African players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
@Stumpy Tim the good luck thread starter. I’ll grant you one more thread about a player between now and deadline day Sir…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports