Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naylor saying it’s close

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think we should get Lokonga in on loan too now. Makes no sense for it to be so obvious we need a bit more physicality in CM, to the point where our manager is saying it in every pre and post match conference, and put all that expectation on Baleba alone. Neither Biss nor Caicedo would have been able to do that consistently at 19.
Sure Lokonga is unlikely to be a revelation but he can surely do a job this season.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Think we should get Lokonga in on loan too now. Makes no sense for it to be so obvious we need a bit more physicality in CM, to the point where our manager is saying it in every pre and post match conference, and put all that expectation on Baleba alone. Neither Biss nor Caicedo would have been able to do that consistently at 19.
Sure Lokonga is unlikely to be a revelation but he can surely do a job this season.

I was anti-Lokonga but if it was a loan, allowing Baleba to develop, I could get on board.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
As i suggested in an earlier post we need plenty of bodies in because of our European adventure, unlike Chelsea who are accumulating more bodies than Burke and Hare and of course are not involved in European adventures.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmm. I'm sure if he really is on our radar that the data shows something positive but it might just be the data. Been absolutely useless every time I've seen him and mostly restricted to a few appearances as sub. I can't think Baleba would be any worse or less experienced really.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In the replies to that tweet, Naylor suggests Baleba likely to be the final incomer. One or 2 outgoings in the cards though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

RDZ said last week he wanted 2 or 3, he’s getting 1? Hmmm

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why are we so determined to have no proper left back cover? So much pressure on ol' Perv.
It's very curious. It's quite obvious RDZ wants two players in each position and we've even spent nearly £20 million on a GK to ensure that's the case. But still no LB...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When did he say that then?

Last weeks press conference before West Ham

“ The Italian said: "I'm watching the transfer market from the sidelines, because it's not my business. I'd like to build a stronger squad. We have another six or seven days. We will see a midfielder, left-back, attackers.

"Before the injury of Julio my focus has been on other areas."

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
When did he say that then?

In the opening 3 minutes of last week's press conference he was asked about signings.

He stated it wasn't his business but he wanted a stronger squad, mentioning a CM to replace Moi and that he'd wanted an attacker even before Enciso's injury. We could take that to mean he now wants 2 attacking players.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In the opening 3 minutes of last week's press conference he was asked about signings.

He stated it wasn't his business but he wanted a stronger squad, mentioning a CM to replace Moi and that he'd wanted an attacker even before Enciso's injury. We could take that to mean he now wants 2 attacking players.

Oh. So people are just assuming this then?

Ok.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can hardly criticize the Club given recent success but leaving the transfer window without a dedicated LB that the manager wants to play and with no cover at all at RB seems we are unlikely to have a squad which will match expectations of fans and manager.

As well as everyone is on board with a lower mid table finish than all good.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here