[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I mean, Kalvin Philips won't be coming to Brighton is about as close to being a fact as is possible.
It's on the second tier, just below "the Earth is round" and "Palace are pricks".
True but stranger things have happened. I mean we had a World Cup winner!
The thing with Phillips is that no one is going to pay him anywhere near 160k/wk.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So in summary - this lad is joining tomorrow and one of our posters knows Kalvin Phillips?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I wonder whether the sell on clause was what had initially ‘stalled’ the purchase.
The inclusion of a sell on clause is what attracts clubs to sell to Brighton.

They realise that there is far more chance of a large future pay day than if they sell to a Champions League club.
A club like Man City or Bayern Munich would be less likely to part with the player if he became a hot prospect like Caicedo and Mac Allister did for us.

Lille could pick up €25m selling to us now and maybe 20% of €50m in a couple of seasons which would then pocket them a further €10m.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
True but stranger things have happened. I mean we had a World Cup winner!
The thing with Phillips is that no one is going to pay him anywhere near 160k/wk.
When we had Wayne Bridge on loan, he was still at City because no one would match his £100k pw salary at the time, we paid 10% of his salary, City saved a few quid on a player they were not using at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here