Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He won’t be loaned out. He’s been regularly playing for a French top league team and will be needed in our midfield to perform the Caicedo role. I don’t expect he’ll start on Saturday but we’ll want him in ASAP.
Baleba has been scouted by many of the top teams in Europe.
We tend to move for these players earlier than others to give ourselves a realistic chance of getting them.
If we do capture him, which looks likely, will he be our only French speaker in the squad?
I would think that Adingra is probably a French speaker?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He won’t be loaned out. He’s been regularly playing for a French top league team and will be needed in our midfield to perform the Caicedo role. I don’t expect he’ll start on Saturday but we’ll want him in ASAP.
We tend to move for these players earlier than others to give ourselves a realistic chance of getting them.
If we do capture him, which looks likely, will he be our only French speaker in the squad?

Regularly is a bit of a stretch

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is Bart Flemish or Walloon?
And then there's also the (grand)parentage issue and that difficult word monolingualism.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Regularly is a bit of a stretch
A huge stretch.

He had less top flight minutes than Buonanotte last season.

He is clearly not a short term solution but won’t go out on loan and will be gradually eased into the squad this season.

I’ve just got a hunch that we will also add a DM who is ready, straight out the box. A Hatate, Amrabat or maybe Dominguez. Similar to what Liverpool have had to do with Endo. Maybe a loan for a player like Kalvin Phillips.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Does Lallana speak French? :moo:

If not, Carlos can chat to Adingra and Chouchane but I wouldn't be surprised if he's fluent in English in no time.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still think we need another more experienced DM as to chuck Baleba in having only played 18 games in the French league in his career is asking a lot of him so early. I'm not suggesting a loan but think he needs to be slowly integrated into the squad like Enciso was last season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Still think we need another more experienced DM as to chuck Baleba in having only played 18 games in the French league in his career is asking a lot of him so early. I'm not suggesting a loan but think he needs to be slowly integrated into the squad like Enciso was last season.
I think we will get two DMs, not sure if the other will be experienced or not though. We need two as we don't have any players of that type in the squad atm. If we do get the 2nd, there seems be a suggestion that Alzate will be sold.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A huge stretch.

He had less top flight minutes than Buonanotte last season.

He is clearly not a short term solution but won’t go out on loan and will be gradually eased into the squad this season.

I’ve just got a hunch that we will also add a DM who is ready, straight out the box. A Hatate, Amrabat or maybe Dominguez. Similar to what Liverpool have had to do with Endo. Maybe a loan for a player like Kalvin Phillips.
Kalvin Phillips is a good shout imo. He’ll need to get rid of his ridiculous hair style though, too Medieval Asian :smile:

Losing his England chances as an Albion player may be a problem for him though :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here