[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Club may have deleted it - but the BBC are reporting him still...

1692978407746.png

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Clubs will increase the value of their players because we have a bit of cash. If we want and need a particular player urgently we will have to cough up in my opinion.
Price, not value.
A player's either worth X amount or they aren't.
If somebody's willing to pay whatever then good for them, but there's no point us paying over the odds for somebody who's not worth it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Clubs will increase the value of their players because we have a bit of cash. If we want and need a particular player urgently we will have to cough up in my opinion.
That’s pretty much how it works. I agree.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why is everyone on about Biggin Hill in this window? Surely a private jet from anywhere in Europe would still land at Shoreham with Gatwick being another much closer viable alternative?

Our transfers flying to Biggin Hill has been discussed and confirmed for a number of years hasn’t it? Most notably with Ali J, when people were waiting to see if he was signing for us or Leicester.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s an interesting dynamic now we have de Zerbi. Obviously the club don’t want to declare their hand publically but RDZ i think is using these pressers to apply some pressure. As he should - it’s right that the manager pushes for what he needs but that the club pushes to get only the right players and the right prices. It’s a healthy tension (that could of course become unhealthy if we get no one over the line…).

The fact he mentioned an attacker I think means he doesn’t see Buonanotte as ready to step in. Fingers crossed Palmer is pushing for a move - he’s played 10 mins in the PL this season and they’ve since signed Doku. At 21 he may feel he needs to play…

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our transfers flying to Biggin Hill has been discussed and confirmed for a number of years hasn’t it? Most notably with Ali J, when people were waiting to see if he was signing for us or Leicester.
Definitely the first time I’ve noticed it, and I’ve followed near enough every transfer window for the last 10-11 seasons!,

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
My favourite day on NSC. Watching that plane head north and suddenly turn left towards Biggin Hill was great fun. Shame Ali J was a little bit of a dud.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Love the AI comment under fabs post. Anyone who thinks AI will be taking their job in the near future, this AI bot can't even get our manager right.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Have a feeling that is potentially a sign in the positive direction: that is, they've posted it and then be given a bollocking from their source and pulled it. Or could be the opposite, that they've had a very clear denial and pulled it.
So it means it’s either happening or it’s not?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Love the AI comment under fabs post. Anyone who thinks AI will be taking their job in the near future, this AI bot can't even get our manager right.

please do a deep dive on carlos baleba's proposed move to brighton, describing the attributes he will bring and how brighton's manager will use him

Haha, I asked Bard:
And the response I got was remarkably similar in style although at least Bard got the manager right!

Carlos Baleba is a 19-year-old midfielder who has been playing for Lille in Ligue 1 since 2021. He is a highly rated young player who has been linked with a move to a number of top clubs, including Brighton.
Baleba is a versatile midfielder who can play in a number of positions, including as a central midfielder, defensive midfielder, and left midfielder. He is strong in possession and has a good passing range. He is also a good tackler and is not afraid to put in a hard shift.
Baleba's proposed move to Brighton would be a good fit for both the club and the player. Brighton are looking for a young, talented midfielder to replace Moises Caicedo, who has moved to Chelsea. Baleba would be a good fit for Brighton's style of play, which is based on possession and attacking football.
Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi is likely to use Baleba as a central midfielder in his 4-3-3 formation. Baleba would be tasked with providing cover for the back four and helping to control possession in midfield. He would also be expected to make forward runs and contribute to the attack.
Baleba's arrival at Brighton would be a major coup for the club. He is a highly rated young player who has the potential to be a star in the Premier League. If he can adapt to the English game, he could be a key player for Brighton for many years to come.
Here is a more detailed look at Baleba's strengths and weaknesses:
Strengths:

• Strong in possession
  • Good passing range
  • Good tackler
  • Not afraid to put in a hard shift
  • Versatile
Weaknesses:
  • Can be caught out of position sometimes
  • Not the quickest player
  • Needs to improve his decision-making in the final third
Overall, Baleba is a very promising young player with a lot of potential. He has the attributes to be a success in the Premier League and he could be a key player for Brighton for many years to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports