[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m sure I’ve heard De Zerbi say that he’s really happy because this season he has two players for every position, whereas last season he didn’t always have that.

We always want to improve, but I’m not writing off the players we have. Caicedo played brilliantly in our team, but he was not our team.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If i had the chance to swap our CM boys for theirs, I'd say no. Guimares will play a nice pass, but isn't a hard worker. Tonali played well in their first game. Remember though Shearer though is going to milk everything good the do for MOTD. Our boys won't get anything like the sweeping adulation

It will be a competitive game for sure, there will be very little between the sides. I fancy us to edge them over the course of the season.
i certainly wouldn’t vehemently disagree.

but i do think it is pretty evident that they are physically superior. that means they will press us much better, and without anyone to match that strength, we are really going to struggle against teams like them, everton and villa across the season

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
De Zerbi said we need another midfielder if Caicedo leaves.

“We need another midfielder with the same characteristics, the same importance.

“In the Premier League, you know better than me, in midfield positions, sometimes you need more kilogrammes, more impact.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Since his debut he hasn't been able to hold down a position and has been shipped out on loan to get game time and only a few days ago looked likely to be sold. I think the coaching staff feel he is some way off the standard we are seeking.
'Not holding down a position' is a bit harsh because he was competing with a world cup winner, our must-pick regardless German genius and the player that's gone for a British record transfer fee.......he's always looked pretty decent when he has been asked to play imo.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I think the Samaritans are based up there now so purchase a return ticket, The Samaritans are tremendous organisation and their work should be applauded. ( I appreciate your post is darkly humourous )
Do you mean the Beachy Head Chaplaincy? A fantastic charity and self-financing organisation that engages with hundreds of distressed people every year, and has saved countless lives. I made a will last year and left a chunk to them. They deserve it.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We say publicly and often that we pride ourselves on being ready to move when we lose a player/manager.
I think we were very lucky the way the cards fell into place with RDZ. We were blindsided with Potter, and yes we were clearly aware of RDZ but had it not been for Putin and the fact that enough time had passed since RDZ had to get out of Ukraine we wouldn't have him now. Clearly, our player recruitment has improved but it is not fool proof, we still have a lot of young players that do not make the grade

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we were very lucky the way the cards fell into place with RDZ. We were blindsided with Potter, and yes we were clearly aware of RDZ but had it not been for Putin and the fact that enough time had passed since RDZ had to get out of Ukraine we wouldn't have him now. Clearly, our player recruitment has improved but it is not fool proof, we still have a lot of young players that do not make the grade
We'll always have dozens of young players on our books that won't make the grade - that's how it works for us. 'Fool proof' recruitment doesn't exist for any club (or any other business, anywhere) anyway. We mostly take lower risk (cost) decisions on prospects rather than buying 'ready made' PL players, and we'll be lucky if 5% of academy players ever make the first team (but that 5%, and sales of those that are good but don't quite meet our requirements more than covers costs).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I've been having recurring dreams about Billy Gilmour since the spring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports