Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If just a smokescreen, I’d have thought we’d have picked someone a bit better than Lokonga to claim interest in

Agreed. Odd choice. And if you are Lokonga or his agent what are you thinking / saying ?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Sounds like the issue is the fee with Lille rather than with the player, right?
I suspect they want to draw in other offers and drive the price up. We want it down quick before Chelsea or Liverpool get involved

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's inevitable right?
"You've just sold a player for £115 million pounds. You think our player is his replacement...££££"
Unfortunately we've made a big mistake here. The Caicedo signing needed to be made before he left. Unlike us this one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's inevitable right?
"You've just sold a player for £115 million pounds. You think our player is his replacement...££££"
Unfortunately we've made a big mistake here. The Caicedo signing needed to be made before he left. Unlike us this one.

Lille trying to have us for the Caicedo money.

I don't disagree.

However I suspect Uncle Tony will have an idea of what he'd be worth to us, and therefore will have a maximum price in mind. I also suspect there will be 2 or 3 candidates on the list. This fella at Lille will be just one of them, and if Lille ask for too much we will just walk away instead of getting involved in an auction that forces us to overpay.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
It's inevitable right?
That would have rather weakened our hand in relation to negotiations with Chelsea!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's inevitable right?
Big call that unless you’ve been party to all the discussions

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Fully understand those who say we should have tied this up first, before selling Moises,but that would have significantly weekened our position with Chelsea.

We will have 2/3 targets - if we don't get this one done there will be another lined up - however Lille are just tring to push the price up.

Playing poker with Bloom - we know who wins - if we walk away they could be left with an unhappy player...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So we've gone from kudus to Baleba to lonkaga. And maybe others we don't even know about. Hope this is not true.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Personal terms agreed with the player. Lille trying to secure a few more quid out of the deal.

Brighton throw in the red herring about another potential target.

All part of the transfer merry go round! Deal will be tied up in the coming days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here