[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
In a postmans league.

Very very risky. But I trust the scouts !
I don’t think France is a postmans league at all. Very strong domestic system, many of whom still play there vs playing abroad. And for all sorts of reasons a preferred destination for some of the best talent from Africa as well. PSG apart it lacks the ‘big 6’ equivalents, but the overall standard is good.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don’t think France is a postmans league at all. Very strong domestic system, many of whom still play there vs playing abroad. And for all sorts of reasons a preferred destination for some of the best talent from Africa as well. PSG apart it lacks the ‘big 6’ equivalents, but the overall standard is good.
It's ranked by uefa as worse than the Dutch league so I'm not convinced!

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
But it’s the league most similar in style of play and physicality to the PL which is why players from there generally settle better here than any other league. I would always rather we signed players from the French league than anywhere else.

My Fubo package includes all games in PL, Ligue 1, Serie A, Eredivisie, along with several other national leagues. There is no way the Dutch league is better than Ligue 1 -- it fails both the eye and the smell tests. And the games are much more entertaining than any other league's save the PL and La Liga.

... And the stress on Baleba's name falls on the last syllable, so stop it with the Monkees, already! Lol

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Agree , it’s not the PL but it’s certainly a decent standard . One of the big 6 leagues

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Exactly what difference does it make what leagues the players we're interested in make?
Are the stats required by our interest algorithm based on the opposition level or on the player concerned individual ability,and potential.
Let's be honest here,when Caciedo was playing for the U21s then loaned out to a league far inferior to the EPL nobody thought just 1 season later he'd be the highest British fee paid for a transfer at 115 million quid.
When we identify a player it's certainly a numbers game and some of them will take time to fulfill the gamble but the club get it right more often than not.

P.S nobody would buy my car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports