Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not trivial. Private jet tracking during the transfer window is why we are here :lolol:

How are you distinguishing a drop-off taking longer than a pick-up ?
Exactly - Ali J and when were were less flush KLL at Gatwick on a scheduled flight. Very exciting part of the transfer and massive income for Bozza with the pages and pages of posts!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's not trivial. Private jet tracking during the transfer window is why we are here :lolol:

How are you distinguishing a drop-off taking longer than a pick-up ?
Bit of a strange one as it came from Lille so must have picked someone up. I can't understand why it would go back to Lille straight away though. Maybe his mummy dropped him off and went back.

Or he forgot his passport

Or someone else gazumped us mid flight?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit of a strange one as it came from Lille so must have picked someone up. I can't understand why it would go back to Lille straight away though. Maybe his mummy dropped him off and went back.

Or he forgot his passport

Or someone else gazumped us mid flight?
Might simply be based there.................now on way to Canada

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was a Mercedes people carrier thing going in to Monks Farm about 5.30, blacked out windows but Brighton air freshener on tbr rear view mirror

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the most important thing here, and which has been tragically overlooked, is that I've started two transfer threads this window and once this is official we will have signed both players.

So you're to blame for not starting more transfer threads! Christ, it's not a lot of effort for you to help the club.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Interesting. Suprised dribbling is not in the pros.

I'd always go with the eye test over whoscored. You can see his dribbling ability from the videos.
Edit. I'm a big fan of Pythagoras In Boots analysis. He will always choose eye over stats. Often says things like 'his stats suggest he's weak at long passes but you can see from his technique and vision that with a bit of coaching he could become an elite passer'. Clearly Baleba has the potential to develop into a top dribbler. In much the way that I think it's a really underrated part of Biss's game.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd always go with the eye test over whoscored. You can see his dribbling ability from the videos.
Equally surprised that tackling is deemed one of his negatives. Based on the youtube highlights (which are necessarily a selection) about half of the actions were tackles.

Jimmy Grimble

Interesting. Suprised dribbling is not in the pros.

Discipline and concentration two traits that RDZ and senior pros alongside him should be able to work on.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Equally surprised that tackling is deemed one of his negatives. Based on the youtube highlights (which are necessarily a selection) about half of the actions were tackles.
It's all nonsense to an extent. Especially given how few games he's played. I'm looking at the videos and reading the French opinions and seeing a potentially elite B2B midfielder.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good ones too. The outcome is that Lille normally end up with the ball.

Compare and contrast with the highlights of Tyler Adams tackling. Yes he tackles a lot but he always goes in hard with the ball often deflecting away form him to either other Leeds players or the opposition.

IMG_3184.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

His tackling stats on infogol.net suggest his tackling is good. Although he only played 394 league minutes last season, he was successful with 80% of all tackles attempted.

That the same % as Moises last season for us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They can sort the right ingredients but if they don’t know how to cook it, that strategy will not work.

Throwing vast amounts of money at very young players is not always going to be good for their long term development. Chelsea have a horrific record of developing their youth. They normally turn out the likes of Hudson-Odoi or Loftus-Cheeks; over hyped double barrelled disappointments who have been payed WAY too much as youngsters and are set for life, no matter what happens with the rest of their football career.

Players like KDB, Salah and Lukuka show that the sooner you get out of that toxic club, the more likely you are to develop to your potential.

This.

Signing young players is just the first step in their journey. Chavski hoovering up players they believe Brighton are moving for, joining the vast numbers they already have under contract, is just replicating what they’ve done for 20 years. Previously gazumping Manure and other rivals, for dozens of the next best thing across all age groups.

When they must win every PL game to compete with ManC, will they be giving multi PL starts to 18 and 19 year olds?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyone else notice a subtle difference in our transfer targets this window, particularly to replace Caicedo? Before we were signing young players most hadn't heard of, now we are targeting still young players that have some hype and lots of big clubs sniffing around rather than just one or two, having proven the pathway. Whilst still maintaining the under the radar scouting of people like Mazilu.

Keep playing the cards like this and we become a go to for the very best youngsters regardless of other interest
You’d like to think so but I suspect a number of others are already seeing the opportunities our model creates and looking to compete in the same pool. Newcastle are the most obvious but far from the only ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here