[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I don't know anything about him except the basics but French football fans are pretty much saying they should have got more and he'll be a monster in the PL.

Many french comments I've read compare him to a young N'golo Kante. That'll do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes, I noticed that. Spins away and very quick acceleration. Agreed personal terms a while back.
Doubt he’ll start straight away but can be eased in with minutes off the bench.
We needed a physical DM with pace.
Off to Union Saint Gilloise!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Anyone else notice a subtle difference in our transfer targets this window, particularly to replace Caicedo? Before we were signing young players most hadn't heard of, now we are targeting still young players that have some hype and lots of big clubs sniffing around rather than just one or two, having proven the pathway. Whilst still maintaining the under the radar scouting of people like Mazilu.

Keep playing the cards like this and we become a go to for the very best youngsters regardless of other interest
quite a i bit of hype about moises (man u) before we signed him. think the formula looks pretty much the same.

the difference that might occur is that these 'bigger' cluns have always been 'happy' for us to sign, develop and then sell them on for large amounts. Talk of that changing but as yet we havn't been snuffed by a 'bigger' club for one of our young targets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not really - they're like taxis. Drop passenger who goes to waiting car, scoot off on next trip. :shrug:
Indeed. So they're likely taking someone/something to Lille.

Regardless, none of us are likely to ever know, and it's a triviality in terms of the (hopeful) transfer.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Incredible.
What we need beyond on the ball ability are the players that can win the ball back quickly. Haven't seen the stats to prove it but I can guarantee Mac and Moises were in the top ten for how quickly they could regain possession. This is one of the key things Baleba and Diaz will provide.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I wish the Reds could just borrow Tony and Paul to give our recruitment team some tips.
£26.5m for a 19 year old who played six times….. and you just know he’s gonna be a superstar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports