Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree with those saying ........

Romano's reference to 2 extra clubs, has most likely come from us. The club are publicly saying to Lille, "don't push your luck on the fee. We have other players we're looking at" and to the player "if you keep us waiting around, we'll look elsewhere".

It's none too subtle, but that's transfer business now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't think it is, although happy for you to dig out multiple sources confirming it :smile:
Of course we operate with lists. That we operate with a list of 3 for each position sounds bizarre. That we're operating with a list of 3 for this specific position/transfer would require inside info. My claim is that Fab doesn't have it, and is using what you're indicating to project that he's ITK.
Been said by Barber Weir and alike that we have normally three targets for each position we go for. Dig it out no couldn't be arsed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think the negative reaction to him comes from the feeling that he is not reporting news/rumours but is actively involved in promoting one side of a deal where he seeks to apply to pressure on one club in favour of the offer. With Caceido he's been consistently pumping out propaganda from Caceido's camp to try and great a media narrative that reflected poorly on the Albion and was designed to influence us into selling sooner than we would have liked. Fortunately our skin is thicker than that and we stuck to our guns.

The guy is just a parasite promoting himself and for me represents everything that is bad about the football social media space at the moment.
Well of course he was, he's paid by the agents to put their information out there. Most journalists are paid by the readers of the news, by subscribers, but his content is free. So he'll be being paid by those that want the news out there, the agents or the clubs. No doubt we could avail ourselves of his services if we choose, maybe we already have?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Unfortunately it will be balebas agent telling fab to try and drum up interest. We are the golden boys of transfers at the moment.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
1692092126881.png

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
In order for him to know that 'there are two more names on the list', he'd need to have a contact at our club. He's making that up.
He might have a contact at the club, he seems to have them everywhere else. Do you know every employee that might have this information well enough to know they wouldn't work with Fab or gossip about it to soneone else who would? Besides he'll know who we've approached from his contacts at the players respective clubs and their agents. If we have had serious discussions with/about three different players to replace Caicedo it's reasonable enough to presume they're our list. I dislike many aspects of how Romano operates but it's silly to pretend he isn't generally reliable.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bloody hell, does every thread concerning a transfer have to descend into a debate on Fabrizio f***ing Romano?

just...let it go guys.
Well said! I said a while ago, he is the most talked about man on NSC despite apparently being roundly disliked. It's bizarre. Just ignore him, it's not's hard.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oddly, he is helping us for once by putting pressure (microscopic?) on Lille to take the cash before we move on. We always have a ‘list’ by the way.
Is he? He is telling the world who Brighton, famed for talent spotting, see as the next Caicedo (who just went for £115m + sell on, with an alleged wage over 200k per week), and how much his current club are looking for.

Lille could see a bidding war start, driving up his price as others try to beat us to the punch, getting Lille more than they had hoped for/expected. Other clubs offer the player more wages driving them up to the player's beneift. Both sees the agent's cut increase.

We miss out because someone else offered more, or we pay over what we wanted to fend off others' interest.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is he? He is telling the world who Brighton, famed for talent spotting, see as the next Caicedo (who just went for £115m + sell on, with an alleged wage over 200k per week), and how much his current club are looking for.

Lille could see a bidding war start, driving up his price as others try to beat us to the punch, getting Lille more than they had hoped for/expected. Other clubs offer the player more wages driving them up to the player's beneift. Both sees the agent's cut increase.

We miss out because someone else offered more, or we pay over what we wanted to fend off others' interest.
Exactly this.

And despite people getting frustrated with fab doing this. It could be argued he's doing a good deed for the player getting them more money. He probably helped us (BHAFC) get more money for caicedo.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He might have a contact at the club, he seems to have them everywhere else. Do you know every employee that might have this information well enough to know they wouldn't work with Fab or gossip about it to soneone else who would? Besides he'll know who we've approached from his contacts at the players respective clubs and their agents. If we have had serious discussions with/about three different players to replace Caicedo it's reasonable enough to presume they're our list. I dislike many aspects of how Romano operates but it's silly to pretend he isn't generally reliable.
Only a very small number of senior people within the club will have access to information as commercially sensitive as a multi million first team signing.

In addition, if one of these people had leaked info, and that hadn't been authorised, it would be obvious there was a leak there and disciplinary action would begin straight away and that's their career in football done.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I agree with those saying ........

Romano's reference to 2 extra clubs, has most likely come from us. The club are publicly saying to Lille, "don't push your luck on the fee. We have other players we're looking at" and to the player "if you keep us waiting around, we'll look elsewhere".

It's none too subtle, but that's transfer business now.
My god, if another club were doing that to us via Romano, people would be in meltdown on here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm struggling to understand the multiple points you're making, but:
-- no, I don't know every employee at the club -- but don't see how that's relevant to the point I was making
-- you might think that Romano has access to the intricacies of every transfer enquiry, I don't, although he'd like his audience to think that he does
-- I agree, he is reliable when he states 'here we go'. All the rest is to facilitate agents or certain clubs
-- the fact that he's generally reliable doesn't mean that he knows that we're chasing three targets, and it was that specific claim (rather than his general output) that I was disputing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here