[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Looks like Romano got most of his news from a French publication, which published the story yesterday (looks like the bid he talks about was made last week).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In order for him to know that 'there are two more names on the list', he'd need to have a contact at our club. He's making that up.

It’s widely known we often go into looking to sign a player in a certain position with an a , b , c choice though right ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oddly, he is helping us for once by putting pressure (microscopic?) on Lille to take the cash before we move on. We always have a ‘list’ by the way.
He's not helping anyone apart from himself, by getting more exposure and more fans hanging off his every embellished and/or vague word. The ego on the guy is out of control – last night Bobkin Jnr sent me a screenshot of him boasting/celebrating how he was 'the most influential Twitter account in the world'.

But fans will choose what they want to believe, even when he can completely change his tune – or call a midfielder a centre back – in successive tweets :dunce:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It’s widely known we often go into looking to sign a player in a certain position with an a , b , c choice though right ?
Don't think it is, although happy for you to dig out multiple sources confirming it :smile:
Of course we operate with lists. That we operate with a list of 3 for each position sounds bizarre. That we're operating with a list of 3 for this specific position/transfer would require inside info. My claim is that Fab doesn't have it, and is using what you're indicating to project that he's ITK.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
He's not helping anyone apart from himself, by getting more exposure and more fans hanging off his every embellished and/or vague word. The ego on the guy is out of control – last night Bobkin Jnr sent me a screenshot of him boasting/celebrating how he was 'the most influential Twitter account in the world'.

But fans will choose what they want to believe, even when he can completely change his tune – or call a midfielder a centre back – in successive tweets :dunce:
I don't get all the aggression against Fab. Of course he's not helping anyone but himself. He doesn't post these tweets to help people, he posts them to earn a living and make income off them. All the exposure he gets, positive or negative, is helping that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't get all the aggression against Fab. Of course he's not helping anyone but himself. He doesn't post these tweets to help people, he posts them to earn a living and make income off them. All the exposure he gets, positive or negative, is helping that.
I think the negative reaction to him comes from the feeling that he is not reporting news/rumours but is actively involved in promoting one side of a deal where he seeks to apply to pressure on one club in favour of the offer. With Caceido he's been consistently pumping out propaganda from Caceido's camp to try and great a media narrative that reflected poorly on the Albion and was designed to influence us into selling sooner than we would have liked. Fortunately our skin is thicker than that and we stuck to our guns.

The guy is just a parasite promoting himself and for me represents everything that is bad about the football social media space at the moment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know all that – that's why I posted what I did! @Hugo Rune suggested he was helping us and I posted why I thought he wouldn't be :shrug:

I've no 'aggression' around him, I just don't like the way he does his job and don't agree with making a living out of giving people false hope, presenting hunches as fact and potentially causing rifts between players/clubs and fans. In my opinion there's no point to any of it, but I appreciate me or my generation are probably not his target audience.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think the negative reaction to him comes from the feeling that he is not reporting news/rumours but is actively involved in promoting one side of a deal where he seeks to apply to pressure on one club in favour of the offer. With Caceido he's been consistently pumping out propaganda from Caceido's camp to try and great a media narrative that reflected poorly on the Albion and was designed to influence us into selling sooner than we would have liked. Fortunately our skin is thicker than that and we stuck to our guns.

The guy is just a parasite promoting himself and for me represents everything that is bad about the football social media space at the moment.
I'd quite like it if there were a setting which turned every quote of one of his tweets into a picture of a cowpat.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Romano may be referring to Lucas Gourna-Douath and Florentino Luís, both of whom we've recently been linked with.

Luis is the more experienced of the 3, but would also cost the most as Benfica are no mugs.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Looking at his stats it seems more likely he’s one of two incoming for DM.

He’s played a total of 20 times for Ligue 1 Lille, and of those, only the full 90 minutes once.

I think he’s one for gradual developing rather than Caicedo’s immediate replacement.

Maybe him and a more senior player - Adams, Asllani, Dominguez, Gourna Douath (although he’s also young)… who knows.

Sidenote: at least we got a season and a half of first team football out of Caicedo, that’s more than Lille could be getting from their prized asset Baleba.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
What I don't understand, if Baleba someone that we like in that role but he needs development, why didn't we buy him earlier in the window and have him involved in the pre-season training?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know all that – that's why I posted what I did! @Hugo Rune suggested he was helping us and I posted why I thought he wouldn't be :shrug:

I've no 'aggression' around him, I just don't like the way he does his job and don't agree with making a living out of giving people false hope, presenting hunches as fact and potentially causing rifts between players/clubs and fans. In my opinion there's no point to any of it, but I appreciate me or my generation are probably not his target audience.
I don’t think he is ‘helping us’ on purpose, but his post could be seen as putting pressure on Lille to accept.

He clearly represents his own bank account and interests at all times so the richer the agents/clubs, the more he’ll promote their agenda.

I’m sure that our club has zero links/comms with him. But agents do.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
What I don't understand, if Baleba someone that we like in that role but he needs development, why didn't we buy him earlier in the window and have him involved in the pre-season training?
Maybe it’s a case of budget priorities. Two factors have made more cash available - the Caicedo windfall but also pulling out of the Kudus race.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maybe it’s a case of budget priorities. Two factors have made more cash available - the Caicedo windfall but also pulling out of the Kudus race.
Also it's fckin difficult unless you're a serious big boy to get deals done early in window. Players want to keep their options open. I'm sure Brighton wanted to get most of these deals done at a similar time as the Pedro deal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports