Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlisle's Midfield

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
In all the furore over our performance yesterday, not many people have acknowledged the quality of the Carlisle midfield.

Kavanagh was sheer class, quality touch and passing, and a busy player. Bridge-Wilkinson was excellent too, a player I have always thought should be able to play at a higher level.

Simply put their central midfield was better than anything we could put out, and they dominated the game, we were never able to cope with their movement.

Jimmy Grimble

Kavanagh has always been a quality midfielder. He is better than this League.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
I think it was probably more a case of our midfield making them look good.../QUOTE]

Possibly that our midfield was too attack minded and that the defence was then left isolated. As I said elsewhere we had three midfielders who couldn't track back.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Surprised Kavanagh is playing in League one, he was amazing yesturday. We were speaking to a Carlisle fan in the pub after the game yesturday, and he said he hasn't been impressed by him!

Poor Gramma, John Boy.:dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surprised Kavanagh is playing in League one, he was amazing yesturday. We were speaking to a Carlisle fan in the pub after the game yesturday, and he said he hasn't been impressed by him!

Every time I've seen him play he has been very efficient and tidy. I rate him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here