Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlisle vs brighton & hove albion 18/09/10 *****official thread*****

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Carlisle United | News | Brunton Park Latest | Brunton Park Latest | QUALITY ALL OVER

United boss Greg Abbott spoke to us about the visit of Brighton on Saturday.

He said: "They play some terrific football and they try to keep as many attacking options open as possible.

"If they open up and come here to hurt us, as I think they might, then we could see a fairly open game of football.

"Gus Poyet has played at the highest level all of his career and he has brought those standards into his management. He has a really good pedigree and he likes to play football the right way.

"You can't single anybody out because they have quality all over the pitch. We know what we want to do to keep them quiet and if we manage it then we'll have a big advantage."

The old "we should be beating teams like Brighton" line has hopefully been put to bed for good :bowdown: (except when we play Leeds and the South Coast Club of course)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we have as much chance in the next two matches as I expected at Swindon, i.e nought. If we win both we must be promotion favourites and if we get nil points, I still would not rule us out, if we had proper home form.

Carlisle 2-0 might be par. Carlisle are worth a goal at home because of their proximity to the Arctic Circle. Best to get the game out of the way before the winter. Days are shorter up there in the far north.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No Greer

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Ankergren, Calderon, Elphick, El-Abd, Painter, Bennett, Kishishev, Sparrow, Dicker, LuaLua, Murray. Subs: Brezovan, Battipiedi, Barnes, Baz, Sandaza, Bridcutt, Dunk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm guessing Greer is still crocked or has a niggle as he hasn't even made the 18. Surprised Gus has gone for a system change though, seems maybe a bit negative to me perhaps.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
4-5-1 - Barnes on Bench, why change the system? :nono:

Not sure... If we don't win today Gus will get an earful from supporters as Barnes and Murray were starting to form a good partnership.

I'm still going for 3-0

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Strange that Greer's not involved - maybe resting him before Tuesday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here