Carles Puyol

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I like Puyol to.

He must be up there for winning most trophys as a player. Can't be many that have won a World cup / Euros / Confederations / 3x Champs league / Fifa world club / Olympics , 2 Super cups and an absolute haul of domestic trophys.

Decent attitude , 1 club man. Has won the lot.

Injuries aside , I reckon there would be loads of teams prepared to chance it if a slim chance of getting games out of him

Xavi and Iniesta will have quite a medal collection when they hang up their boots.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Neymar, dani alves and messi could realistically also all have World Cup winners medals by the end of their careers.

Where do they get two European Championship medals from though? Xavi and Iniesta could be adding another WC winners medal to their collection this summer as well.

I think he is, along with Maldini, my favourite player.

Two of the finest captains of the modern game!

On a side note when Maldini retired he averaged 1 tackle every 2 games. He was that good at reading the game and positioning himself that he didn't even need to tackle... Quite remarkable, I think.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Heard from an inside source, we are currently trying to get Puyol as a permanent signing. Right now, he's staying in a Brighton hotel recommended by Michael Owen. Apparently Andre Kanchelskis once stayed there too!
Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here