Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth - Loan to Walsall

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tad disappointing for me - I'd have liked to see him jump up a division higher. Still, it worked just fine for Big Bob - and anyway the development team know far more than I do about what's best for him at this time!
Hope he has another stellar season.

There no value in having him warm a Championship bench, so League One's the better place for him this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit disappointed he didn't come to us, seems quite highly rated. Word on the street is that guaranteed game time was an issue which makes sense from both perspectives.
Not sure how much he was guaranteed at Walsall, TBH - quite a few of their fans thought Jack Rose would be the number 1, with Rushworth pushing him. They changed their minds quite quickly though, and there is no doubt Rushworth became the number 1 on merit.

Of course, none of us knows what the conditions of the loan actually were - for us it's all hunches and guesswork. That's just mine! I do wonder though, how much 'guaranteed time' figures in the formal agreements - I like to think that part of the development team's brief is to find loan placements where the chances that the player will get regular game time on merit are good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus wept.

What have White and Sanchez got in common?
How is their career trajectory going verse Connolly?
How old is Rushworth?
How many players are in front of CR in his position?

I have no idea how an Albion fan, answering the above, can still be bibbling on about fast tracking him up the divisions, at every opportunity.

Oh and rinse and repeat for Ferguson.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I wonder with our current keeper situation whether Rushworth will be fancied to fill the breach next season? I see after his cracking loan spell with Walsall he's highly rated by the Lincoln fans and produced a wonder save yesterday! I seem to recall Sanchez stepped up from League 1 Rochdale to eventually claim his starting spot...

Last edited:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I wonder with our current keeper situation whether Rushworth will be fancied to fill the breach next season? I see after his cracking loan spell with Walsall he's highly rated by the Lincoln fans and produced a wonder save yesterday! I seem to recall Sanchez stepped up from League 1 Rochdale to eventually claim his starting spot...

And Beadle(now at Crewe) is the cab off the rank after him! What a club!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Loan to the championship is next step. His u21 colleague is signing for Burnley for silly money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here