Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carl Asaba

Uncle Buck said:
What was our wage bill last season?

Not a loaded question, just not sure what it was.

I couldn't tell you for definite, but I've heard talk of £2m or less. Alas, nowhere near Doncaster's at any rate.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
That was then, this is now. Both those clubs you mention have significant investment in them since those says, Blackpool's were yet to see but Doncaster have a £3m wage budget which blows us out of the water.

You may correct me, but I understand Doncaster have been told that their wage plans 'may' contrivine the ratio of income to wage spend rules, particularly worrying with a 10,000 capacity stadium that isnt always full.

And Blackpool have seen very little of Valeri Belokon's money as I think he has only bought 20% of the club, in fact he was so commited to Blackpool that 2 other clubs turned his investment away before he went to Blackpool.

And for their £3 million, there squad may be bigger, but they certainly not that much better.

Anyway, I havent once critisised McGhee this season, just one of many fearing a mid table/relegation battle or worse will mean that Falmer will never be built, that old chap is what we are starting to loose sight of, you may not remember a season that we have had nothing to play for, but the ones I do were very grim indeed, particularly when it came to season ticket renewals.

Last edited:

Rougvie said:
Anyway, I havent once critisised McGhee this season

I have indeed noticed, it's incredibly refreshing to see a McGhee critic promote a realistic and thoughtful debate on here, if more did so this board would be a better place - and it would also encourage even McGhee's supporters to be more open about their criticisms of the prevailing set-up.

Re. your point of Falmer, I have no doubts on that score, it will be built if we can outlast Lewes' delaying tactics, but you are perfectly right that a boring mid-table season will not be to many fans' tastes and we will lose a few during that. That's why it's important for Dick Knight to invest that £150k we tried on the Barnet striker somewhere else, to give the squad a realistic shot at the play-offs.

It would be very nice if Brighton were ever told that our wage plans contravened our income ratio :D

Don't disagree with your points on Belikon, we will have to monitor what effect his investment has on Blackpool.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
Blimey, seven pages on the possible signing of Carl Asaba.

Shows how desperate we are for a household name :lol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
DAMANCLAY said:
Hmm, reminds me of something someone said about Revell. About him being a waste of shirt, how right they were about that.

now in fairness, I never said he was overweight...and SO FAR i'm glad that he has proved me wrong....I was right about one thing tho...He ain't gonna score loads of goals....probably cos the clown will have him playing left back by the end of the season!

Albion Dan said:
To be honest Id ratehr have Gifton on a pay as you play, but either if fit should do a job in this division.

Yes, when they played against each other a few months ago, Gifton was the better player on the day.

But beggars can't be choosers, either will do, OGH up front is not going to win us enough games, Asaba would win us a few more.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well if he's taken the trouble to watch our reserves tonight he must be interested.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
apparently ASABA isn't there...........:(

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
the right footed denilson said:
Why would he be? (at the game that is)
Crodonilson suggested he was there.

Rufio

Aug 19, 2006
I wouldn't think taking them to a reserve game at Worthing is on the agenda when trying to get a player to sign.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rufio said:
I wouldn't think taking them to a reserve game at Worthing is on the agenda when trying to get a player to sign.

Why not? It's better than Withdean.

And he can say hello to his old pal Tank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here