Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Caribou Cup Final

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always one of the showpiece occasions in English football. As every football fan is I'm very much anticipating a great spectacle tomorrow. Very much in the pro Liverpool camp after the disgraceful affairs of the week in relation to Ukraine but Chelsea fans seem steadfast behind their owner.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I feel there is very little evidence that Roman Abramovich is some kind of pro-Putin Russian ultra-nationalist. During Covid, Abramovich opened up his hotels to house NHS staff while Liverpool put people on furlough. Once again not buying into the Good vs Evil bollocks.

I love to see Thomas Tuchel cry however so for that (and only that) reason I hope Liverpool win... not sure I'll watch the game though, it might collide with whatever I'll be doing instead.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
During Covid, Abramovich opened up his hotels to house NHS staff while Liverpool put people on furlough.

You really need to be put on a constant fact check on here.

Liverpool planned to do it for the club store staff (whilst paying the shortfall so no-one was out of pocket) but reversed the decision soon after.

It never happened.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You really need to be put on a constant fact check on here.

Liverpool planned to do it for the club store staff (whilst paying the shortfall so no-one was out of pocket) but reversed the decision soon after.

It never happened.

You are right that they reversed the decision when people got angry about them being greedy. They made the decision in the first place, however, and it was not only club store staff.

A club making a £40m profit a month later wanted to use government money (a.k.a. your money) to save £1.5m.

Not sure why you are looking for ways to defend or justify that.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You are right that they reversed the decision when people got angry about them being greedy. They made the decision in the first place, however, and it was not only club store staff.

A club making a £40m profit a month later wanted to use government money (a.k.a. your money) to save £1.5m.

Not sure why you are looking for ways to defend or justify that.

Now you've googled it....

Clearly not defending anything, just fact checking you. You claimed Liverpool staff were placed on furlough.

They weren't. It isn't true. You posted it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Now you've googled it....

Clearly not defending anything, just fact checking you. You claimed Liverpool staff were placed on furlough.

They weren't. It isn't true. You posted it.

Ok, lets change "Liverpool put people on furlough" to "Liverpool made a decision to put people on furlough" then so you can sleep without nightmares then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ok, lets change "Liverpool put people on furlough" to "Liverpool made a decision to put people on furlough" then so you can sleep without nightmares then.

You really do live in a deluded world of posting total inaccuracies and then when called out try very hard to back track by rewording them and it appears you do this on quite a few threads.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You really do live in a deluded world of posting total inaccuracies and then when called out try very hard to back track by rewording them and it appears you do this on quite a few threads.

Even if Liverpool reversed the decision a lot of people here agreed, at the time, that it was poor from them to decide (which was then reversed, lets make it clear that this is understood) to put people on furlough from the beginning.

This error from me is not what your comments are about though... you're just upset that I don't share Nazi attitudes towards every person with Russian nationality.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I feel there is very little evidence that Roman Abramovich is some kind of pro-Putin Russian ultra-nationalist.

He may not be an ultra nationalist, but the UK Government has already identified Abramovich as being connected to the Russian state, and guilty of corruption. Difficult to defend him at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Even if Liverpool reversed the decision a lot of people here agreed, at the time, that it was poor from them to decide (which was then reversed, lets make it clear that this is understood) to put people on furlough from the beginning.

This error from me is not what your comments are about though... you're just upset that I don't share Nazi attitudes towards every person with Russian nationality.

Trust me, total cluster****s never upset me

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I feel there is very little evidence that Roman Abramovich is some kind of pro-Putin Russian ultra-nationalist. During Covid, Abramovich opened up his hotels to house NHS staff while Liverpool put people on furlough. Once again not buying into the Good vs Evil bollocks.

I love to see Thomas Tuchel cry however so for that (and only that) reason I hope Liverpool win... not sure I'll watch the game though, it might collide with whatever I'll be doing instead.

Then he and all wealthy Russians should come out and condemn the Russian Government actions.

At this moment in time only Russians with power and wealth can halt what is going on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Then he and all wealthy Russians should come out and condemn the Russian Government actions.

At this moment in time only Russians with power and wealth can halt what is going on.

Sure and all the wealthy British should have come out and condemned the Iraq war. But they didnt.

This doesnt mean that they are pro-whateverishappening. I dont think there's a lot of altruistic selfless billionaires out there, very few of them would put their wealth and life at risk through making very powerful enemies.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Let's get back on topic of one of the showpiece occasions in the British football calendar. Dave at the Ship has got a special offer on of 10% off Carlsberg if Liverpool score the first goal. Atmosphere is building nicely, a real sense of anticipation.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Why are you interested in furlough in the UK ? You claim to live in Sweden.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sure and all the wealthy British should have come out and condemned the Iraq war. But they didnt.

This doesnt mean that they are pro-whateverishappening. I dont think there's a lot of altruistic selfless billionaires out there, very few of them would put their wealth and life at risk through making very powerful enemies.

I don't disagree - but two wrongs don't make a " right "

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm interested in most things.

What a total gasbag you are, going on and on, in every thread, posting your self righteous nonsense, always wanting the last word, you are right , everyone else is a moron - like you have never been a hypocrite in your ****ing life!! I bet you are a hypocrite though, as we all are at times, because it is an inevitable part of human nature... but boy you do go on about it. If you do come to the UK I hope you lower your expectations because otherwise your verbal diarrhea on here will be unbearable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here