Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff v Swansea BUFFOONERY

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I had a very near miss in Cardiff.
Was wearing my BHA shirt inc blue & white stripes painted on my face.
Had to pop out to the car in the pub car-park and six Cardiff boyz were loitering - one came up and asked "are you Brighton?" I though, shit here comes a shoeing, but couldn't deny, so said yes.
Him and his mates then said well done and thanks for beating Bristol City, who I've learned are Cardiff's second most-hated rivals after the Swans ...
Phew !

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Surely the correct answer to this is for Swansea FC to arrange an official coach to tour around Cardiff and pick up the stray fans...?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why the hell are they leaving at 7.45 for a game which doesn't kick off for another 4 hours if they can't leave the stadium when they get to Cardiff? The journey takes less than 1.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/L...045!2d51.4728543!2m3!6e0!7e2!8j1578816000!3e0

Even if they want everyone in place an hour before kick off they still don't need to leave until 9 and still get there easily. It's South Wales in mid-January, not exactly going to be heaving with tourists.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
When I watched Wales v England a few years ago the police spent the whole time keeping the Welsh Taffs away from the Welsh Swans no one was interested in the English fans at all :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why the hell are they leaving at 7.45 for a game which doesn't kick off for another 4 hours if they can't leave the stadium when they get to Cardiff? The journey takes less than 1.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/L...045!2d51.4728543!2m3!6e0!7e2!8j1578816000!3e0

Even if they want everyone in place an hour before kick off they still don't need to leave until 9 and still get there easily. It's South Wales in mid-January, not exactly going to be heaving with tourists.

Ridiculously early - unless Cardiff fans are planning a Dippers-style welcome for the supporters coach.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just a thought, but if I was a Swansea fan looking for trouble and I lived in Cardiff I'd just turn up at the ground and start a fight! Don't even need a ticket.
The away end at Cardiff, including car and coach park, is huge and holds 100's of vehicles.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, that's the way I see it as well. Not been to either ground since we've been down the divisions, so maybe it's all changed now, but when I went to Cardiff, they had by far the worst fans I've ever seen. Wasn't individuals, or a dozen. Several hundred fans, starting on families and people getting off the supporters coach, who blatantly aren't equipped to fight and blatantly weren't there for a fight (like me).

Absolutely no attempt by stewards or police to lift a finger, they had the attitude, "well you're stupid enough to come here what do you expect". The club seemed to revel in it as well, Firestarter as the pre match warm up etc.

Swansea was fine, but that was midweek, wet and bloody cold when I went donkey years ago.

Went to Cardiff the season before we got promoted. Absolutely great day out and no trouble at all. We were with my mate who’s an old school Cardiff fan but there were loads of my mates on the same train who went to different pubs eventually and got no trouble at all.

Also met a few of their finest before the infamous fogged off game, through the same mate (IIRC [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] was with us as well). Good chat with them, bought a few a beer and had a round bought back for me in return. No bother at all until the next day when the wife complained that I didn’t come straight home when it was called off :lolol:

I do know what you mean as Ninian Park wasn’t quite the same friendly experience. Getting asked the time to check your accent, people followed out of cars etc.

Still, this measure is ridiculous. I’m 100% against bubble games and can’t think of another situation where your basic human rights and presumption of innocence are binned off because you *might* do something. If it was a political demonstration by the left that was treated that way a lot of hand wringers would be up in arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Went to Cardiff the season before we got promoted. Absolutely great day out and no trouble at all. We were with my mate who’s an old school Cardiff fan but there were loads of my mates on the same train who went to different pubs eventually and got no trouble at all.

Also met a few of their finest before the infamous fogged off game, through the same mate (IIRC [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] was with us as well). Good chat with them, bought a few a beer and had a round bought back for me in return. No bother at all until the next day when the wife complained that I didn’t come straight home when it was called off :lolol:

I do know what you mean as Ninian Park wasn’t quite the same friendly experience. Getting asked the time to check your accent, people followed out of cars etc.

Still, this measure is ridiculous. I’m 100% against bubble games and can’t think of another situation where your basic human rights and presumption of innocence are binned off because you *might* do something. If it was a political demonstration by the left that was treated that way a lot of hand wringers would be up in arms.

Ahh yes, an evening in Yates West St, checking Twitter for updates on whether the game would be on, with a load of boozed up taffies, a really good bunch with some proper old boy(o)'s among them. The game being called off was disappointing, but it was still a cracking evening. I think I fed some bull to my missus about there being a late decision on the game, blah, and just got stuck into the Kronies. No idea what time I rolled in.

Cardiff fans are sound as a pound in my experience, albeit its probably a bit different when the Jacks are in town.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
When I watched Wales v England a few years ago the police spent the whole time keeping the Welsh Taffs away from the Welsh Swans no one was interested in the English fans at all :shrug:

I am sure the Welsh fans joined forces with the English fans against the dreaded Russians in France. I can't imagine Cardiff fans bothering with agro with Jack fans or vice versa.......too preoccupied would be my guess:ohmy:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
More than a handful then, but far less than the vast majority, who just want to go and see a derby game without pretending they want to go and stove someones head in.

If they MUST have this coach-only rule for away fans, then why can't Swansea fans who reside in Cardiff just be collected by the coach at a designated pick-up point outside the city, instead of having to trail ALL the way to Swansea and back ?

Oh hang on, I know. They're football fans, so f*ck 'em. Anything goes.

spot on, just because a few people act like dickheads we are all tarred with same brush. if we were any other minority group it would be called discrimination.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
spot on, just because a few people act like dickheads we are all tarred with same brush. if we were any other minority group it would be called discrimination.

It’s the police equivalent of the teacher punishing the whole class until someone owns up to taking a shit in the pot plant. Only, right now, no one has actually taken a shit in the pot plant. There are just rumours that someone might.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s the police equivalent of the teacher punishing the whole class until someone owns up to taking a shit in the pot plant. Only, right now, no one has actually taken a shit in the pot plant. There are just rumours that someone might.

I pissed in the pot plants outside Orsinio's in Hove one late night drunken stagger home. I never owned up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, that's the way I see it as well. Not been to either ground since we've been down the divisions, so maybe it's all changed now, but when I went to Cardiff, they had by far the worst fans I've ever seen. Wasn't individuals, or a dozen. Several hundred fans, starting on families and people getting off the supporters coach, who blatantly aren't equipped to fight and blatantly weren't there for a fight (like me).

Absolutely no attempt by stewards or police to lift a finger, they had the attitude, "well you're stupid enough to come here what do you expect". The club seemed to revel in it as well, Firestarter as the pre match warm up etc.

Swansea was fine, but that was midweek, wet and bloody cold when I went donkey years ago.

The Cardiff City Stadium is one of the friendliest I've ever been to. Every single steward was brilliant: friendly and welcoming. They even grabbed us each some of the free red scarves that Vincent Tan was handing out to home fans during his red kit phase (we were two nil up at the time and wanted to take the piss). I can't remember there being that many whoppers present amongst the home support, though I suppose they're a bit more dissipated around that stadium than they were in their cage at Ninian Park.

Mr K being a Swan means my allegiances are firmly on the white side for this weekend's contest. I have actually been to one of their games this season (away at Charlton) and my main observation was that they have some strange old fashioned songs in their repertoire. "Who's your father, who's your father, who's your father, referee?" (to Bread Of Heaven) is something I've genuinely never heard at a game before or since, yet have been assured by a couple of NSCers that it was commonplace at English grounds in the Sixties. That's the Welsh for you :wink:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Cardiff City Stadium is one of the friendliest I've ever been to. Every single steward was brilliant: friendly and welcoming. They even grabbed us each some of the free red scarves that Vincent Tan was handing out to home fans during his red kit phase (we were two nil up at the time and wanted to take the piss). I can't remember there being that many whoppers present amongst the home support, though I suppose they're a bit more dissipated around that stadium than they were in their cage at Ninian Park.

Mr K being a Swan means my allegiances are firmly on the white side for this weekend's contest. I have actually been to one of their games this season (away at Charlton) and my main observation was that they have some strange old fashioned songs in their repertoire. "Who's your father, who's your father, who's your father, referee?" (to Bread Of Heaven) is something I've genuinely never heard at a game before or since, yet have been assured by a couple of NSCers that it was commonplace at English grounds in the Sixties. That's the Welsh for you :wink:

Great if things have changed. Hoping I don't get the opportunity to return to South Wales any time soon

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Cardiff have been in their new stadium for ten years now, and been awarded the best family experience prize.
The supporters coach & car park are fenced off from home fans.
The old Ninian Park was decrepit and hostile, but even then there were bars, and metal mesh guards around the away fans, to prevent coins being thrown. The coach was safe enough. I think it was the last game there, the stadium announcer saw fit to play every ‘gay’ track he could, including Dancing Queen etc. It was a Lesgue cup game.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Talking of buffoons, Crystal Palace are a-visiting us on a Saturday, albeit with a 12.30 kick off, on the 29th February. That should be interesting from the controlling the naughty boys aspect. As a matter of interest when was the last time we played Palace at home on a Saturday?

Oh god, not the annual walk around the ground clockwise farce after the match again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here