Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff to sign Langley

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Listening to it now, it makes me laugh seeing the cardiff posters going wild over these signings, I mean 'THESE' because they are expecting to make another 3 signings tomorrow!!

If Cardiff want to be banging on the premiership door you would think they would be signing ex or premiership players not second division players :D

How much have they spent now ? 13 million lol

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
f***ing yes!!!!!!!!!!

i always liked cardiff!! and sign shittu too. please, please, please. and carlilse!! and take ainsworth back!!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I watched Cheltenham V QPR on Tuesday night in the abscence of anyone to go to the Brissie Rovers game with (could be the common theme for me this season - Cheltenham's 45 min drive from where I live)

Langley scored a peach but spent most of the game sulking akin to Bobby's last six months here - A Couple of Cullip tackles if he is still around on Monday will put him off trust me.

In general QPR were poor especially their Left back some long haired Argentinian pikey who couldn't tackle and would have looked more at home operating the waltzer. If Kanchelskis signs he will thinks its his birthday up against him.

On a seperate note as I was in the Rangers end with one Rangers fan and a Cambridge fan I joined in the 'Rangers till I die chant' singing 'Rangers for the day' I feared for my live when the Tattoed skinhead in front turned round.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Hannibal smith said:
I watched Cheltenham V QPR on Tuesday night in the abscence of anyone to go to the Brissie Rovers game with (could be the common theme for me this season - Cheltenham's 45 min drive from where I live)

Langley scored a peach but spent most of the game sulking akin to Bobby's last six months here - A Couple of Cullip tackles if he is still around on Monday will put him off trust me.

In general QPR were poor especially their Left back some long haired Argentinian pikey who couldn't tackle and would have looked more at home operating the waltzer. If Kanchelskis signs he will thinks its his birthday up against him.

On a seperate note as I was in the Rangers end with one Rangers fan and a Cambridge fan I joined in the 'Rangers till I die chant' singing 'Rangers for the day' I feared for my live when the Tattoed skinhead in front turned round.

the long haired bloke is padula.

reminds me of koumas against us at home 2 seasons ago. he just stood out on the touchline the whole game trying to keep dry!!

dont underestimate qpr though- they are very, very strong- carlilse and shittu are both awesome, ainsworth is too good for this league, langley is quality a real goal threat from midfield, they have an abundance of handy strikers- i'd be happy with a draw to be honest next week!!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Carlise and Shittu were awesome although the surprisingly skillful 6ft 8inch centre forward muscled Shittu off the ball a few times - The QPR fans were amazed. He read the game very well which made him look quicker than he is - I think Knights pace will cause problems but physically we wont get any change all night. Ainsworth was the best player on the pitch - Langley would have been if he could be arsed.

As for the forwards Furlong wasn't on the pitch long enough having got 2 yellows (both his fault) in what seemed like the 1st 15min and Gallen seemed small but skillful - Hinch may have a long evening - Or that could read the Cheltenham CB's were massive. That cheered me as with no Ingy this year our back line looks small.

Watching other teams is the price I've had to pay having dragged them all to Brighton games last year

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Bozza said:
Hannibal - don't be a stranger - there's quite a few of us around the Bristol area...

Despite seeing the majority of away games and not many home I have met a grand total of 0 NSC users in person (unless you count sandgate seagull and Brussells goal who have about 10 posts between them)

Not very socialable am I?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Listening to it now, it makes me laugh seeing the cardiff posters going wild over these signings, I mean 'THESE' because they are expecting to make another 3 signings tomorrow!!

If Cardiff want to be banging on the premiership door you would think they would be signing ex or premiership players not second division players :D

How much have they spent now ? 13 million lol

Cardiff do not want to be 'banging on the Premiership door' yet. We want to be 'banging on the Premiership door' when our new stadium is built.

The new signings are designed to help keep us in Division One for a few years.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
and, dare i say it, alan lee and langley are both very good young players who could make it in the prem- both full internationals remember.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd be happier with Shittu gone - even Bobby struggled to get the better of him.

Please, someone, bid for him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I work with a big QPR fan who knows quite a few people within the club, and he reckons it's pretty much a done deal. Langley doesn't particularly want to go but QPR need the money.

He is different class though. The only reason that he wasn't snapped up ages ago is that he's had a few injury problems. Can be hotheaded at times, but certainly a big talent.

Gallen and Ainsworth are both out for Monday, so if they leave Langley out with this deal imminent as well, then that is quite a weakened side.

COME ON !!!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Speaking as a regular QPR watcher, I'm a bit gutted about this to be honest. Langley is a class act - when he's on his game (as he was on the opening day) he can run the midfield on his own. He wants out though, which may explain his sulking in the League Cup - he's the only player they tried to re-sign from last season who hasn't done so. I'd much rather he were with QPR than bloody Cardiff.

Frankly Hannibal I'm staggered by your description of Padula (his abilities at least, not his appearance, on which you were spot on). He's idolised at Loftus Road, and I've yet to see him have a bad game.

QPR's centre halves are quality, they're a committed outfit with a busy midfield who can pass the ball. Ainsworth's on fire aswell, he'll give Kerry a very tough evening.

While I'm well happy with the start we've made (you can't ask for more than two away wins out of two) I'm not sure we've played much yet - Oldham have been decimated and Rovers aren't even in our division. We'll have a much better idea of how we'll fare this season after Monday night I reckon. We get something out of QPR and I think we'll know we can challenge this season.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Gritt23 said:

Gallen and Ainsworth are both out for Monday, so if they leave Langley out with this deal imminent as well, then that is quite a weakened side.

COME ON !!!

Gritty I was writing my post when you posted this so didn't see it - they're both out? V.good news for us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
could be wrong but didn't Shittu score an own goal when he played for Blackpool against us? I have a vague memory of one of their players trying to clear from the goal line and it hitting Shittu and pinging into the back of the net.

i didn't think he was up to much, just the typical, built like a brick Shittu-house lumbering lower division defender. Not a donkey, but not outstanding either. Leon and Darius will love it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
[B

some long haired Argentinian pikey who couldn't tackle and would have looked more at home operating the waltzer. .

. [/B]

Great image, can we get a song together for him :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here