Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff tickets

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Which is exactly what I just said.

Actually it's not "exactly" what you just said.

Slough said that the wesite says that it is £19 for us and £10 for home - you then said "no it's £10 and £5". I guess that you are now saying that you didn't mean £10 for us and £5 for home but rather £10 for Adults and £5 for concessions whether home or away, something like that?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Home clubs are allowed to charge away fans more. Whether that is the case on Tuesday remains to be seen.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Home teams are allowed to do a couple of games a season with an offer now, we had a few last year be it in the east stand

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Well the Seagulls website still says £19 for adults, so I have decided to go to Tranmere instead where Student tickets are £9:thumbsup:

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Home clubs are allowed to charge away fans more. Whether that is the case on Tuesday remains to be seen.

That's interesting - I thought this was not the case where the accomodation was of the same standard. I remember Ipswich justifying the £29 price they charged for the extra allocation of tickets that they let us have because they charged a certain section of their home support that much and Forest allowing us the £5 entry fee cos they had an offer on for home supporters.

Have the rules changed recently or am I living in my own little dream world (I'm very well thought of there !)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think the rules changed recently.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Its a young persons discount rather than NUS, might try and use my YP rail card for this :thumbsup:

I doubt they'll accept that, would imagine them only accepting drivers license or passport.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's interesting - I thought this was not the case where the accomodation was of the same standard. I remember Ipswich justifying the £29 price they charged for the extra allocation of tickets that they let us have because they charged a certain section of their home support that much and Forest allowing us the £5 entry fee cos they had an offer on for home supporters.

Have the rules changed recently or am I living in my own little dream world (I'm very well thought of there !)

All of which you've said above is correct with the exception, I believe, that a home club is permitted to have a few special offers for home supporters every season. I'm not sure how many 'a few' is but think it's less than 5.

I would Google it but I'm feeling very lazy today.

There's a whole load of guesswork happening on this thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right, having downloaded the official rules of The Carling Cup I can report the following...

Rule 22 relates to tickets and, in particular, Rule 22.2.2 relates to pricing and says:

the admission prices to be charged to supporters of a Visiting Club shall not be higher than those charged to the supporters of the Home Club for comparable accommodation and in particular concessionary rates offered to senior citizens and junior supporters shall apply equally to both sets of supporters;

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cheers Bozza. I'll ring Cardiff tomorrow and find out for sure. It would be a shame if some fans didn't go thinking it was more expensive that it actually is.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've only just realised the M4 is going to be interesting on Tues afternoon/evening. Palace are away to Bristol Rovers.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm pretty sure i was told it was a tenner for Albion fans :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here