Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff - pay on the gate?

Pure magic!

Jul 4, 2011
Surely this will be pay on the gate? We will never sell all our tickets and impossible with lack of time now to get sent.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their away end holds 2700 anyway so I think turning up on the night will present few problems. From memory the ticket office is near gate 7 and there is a car park there for away fans

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
just phoned the Amex ticket office to try and get a ticket, but of course can ONLY collect from the Amex...I've been in Bristol since they went on sale and was hoping to pick up my ordered tickets at the Cardiff ground...been told thats not possible, asked about pay on the gate and they had no clue...now I guess its just wait and hope!

Also, just remembered that with POTG there will be no loyalty points rewarded, unless this can be added retro actively?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Just spoken to Cardiff ticket office and tickets are available on the day subject to 'police checks' as he called it. So if you've got a banning order of any description I wouldnt bother travelling.

He did say ring up tommorow morning on the off chance that changes so if anyone wants to ring them then here is the number.

0845 345 1400

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Just spoken to Cardiff ticket office and tickets are available on the day subject to 'police checks' as he called it. So if you've got a banning order of any description I wouldnt bother travelling.

He did say ring up tommorow morning on the off chance that changes so if anyone wants to ring them then here is the number.

0845 345 1400

this is FANTASTIC news for me who has been stuck in Bristol without being able to get tickets from the Amex before I left Brighton on Monday morning...going to phone them up tomorrow and then grab tickets first thing when I arrive in Cardiff...thanks very much poidy, rep added!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I might have a spare, anyone wanting one, PM me tomorrow if interested and I'll let you know, I might be going in their end with a Cardiff supporting mate.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I assumed this was POTG until I double checked with Insider who said they hadn't a clue! With tickets still available in the home end, I would be amazed if we can't POTG. If we can't then I'm buggered!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I have just asked the question of the CCFC stadium manager. His response was:

"The club's agreement with the South Wales Police is that all matches are advertised as all ticket for away fans. However, the SWP allow the club leeway to make sensible decisions on an individual basis. That way we can say no if needs be, but we usually accomodate decent folk with no problem."

There is an away ticket office at the relevant end of the ground. You'll be fine.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
you still gotta pay 60 quid to get out there..

albionite

May 20, 2009
I have just asked the question of the CCFC stadium manager. His response was:

"The club's agreement with the South Wales Police is that all matches are advertised as all ticket for away fans. However, the SWP allow the club leeway to make sensible decisions on an individual basis. That way we can say no if needs be, but we usually accomodate decent folk with no problem."

There is an away ticket office at the relevant end of the ground. You'll be fine.

Good news, thanks for the info.

kjgood

car park

There is an away fans car park at the rear of the ground, easy to get to. costs £5 and is fenced in.

As you come off the link road from the M4 turn left at the first lights, through two more sets of lights driving past the sandpiper i think its called on the right.

Third set of lights turn right, you can see the stadium across a park on the right, you'll see a new housing estate on the left when ninian park used to be, then turn right into the back of the stadium past a long bus shelter.

hope that helps

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
you CAN pay on the gate tomorrow, this is the email I got earlier today:

Thank you for your enquiry,

Visiting Supporters will be able to pay on the day, however please be advised supporters will be allowed entry following a police check at the gate.

Best Wishes
Ticket Office
Cardiff City Stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here