Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff parked the bus........

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
They had their tactics spot on tonight.

We played well first half tho. Cut out a couple of good chances and had plenty of possession.

Good comeback from 1 down and the 2-1.

If we could defend crosses or corners then would have been a good performance today.

Hard to play against well organised teams with plenty defending who are happy to counter attack, yet we gave it a good go.

Very happy with today's game, though it does smack a bit of two points dropped.

Still undefeated in 2012. Onwards and upwards for the Albion.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

We played well first half tho. Cut out a couple of good chances and had plenty of possession.

Good comeback from 1 down and the 2-1.

If we could defend crosses or corners then would have been a good performance today.

Hard to play against well organised teams with plenty defending who are happy to counter attack, yet we gave it a good go.

Very happy with today's game, though it does smack a bit of two points dropped.

Still undefeated in 2012. Onwards and upwards for the Albion.

Yup. Shrewd tactics for an away side. Soak up the pressure and hit us on the break or wait for us to make a mistake. Would have taken a draw before the game though - still in with a playoff shout!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Careful that's two quite positive posts in a row.

NSC might blow up if somebody puts a third!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought they were one of the poorest side we have played this season at home. Cynical, constant time wasting. Bit of luck we should have stuffed them. Their 2nd was a misshit, looked good but didn't go were he meant it. Definately two points.dropped, bit of luck and Barnes could have had a hattrick

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
At times early on, when didn't know how to get past the "Midfield Bus", even with 4/5 players there ourselves! :facepalm:

There are not many games when I would be disappointed with a "2 all", but unfortunately this was one! A game that was there for the taking, if we had got the tactics right from the kick-off!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Their goals both had a touch of luck up them, buts that's how they set out to play.

Park the bus an either counter or get lucky (which they did a bit)

Hard to play against. Showed us plenty of respect by playing that way too!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Most negative display I have ever seen from
a team so close to us in the league. You expect that from a relegation battler but not a team on the fringe of the play offs. But fair play they nearly pulled off a win as a result.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Careful that's two quite positive posts in a row.

NSC might blow up if somebody puts a third!

Oh. Er, yeah. Moan moan whinge et cetera. Can't believe we're only seventh in our first year back in the Championship.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
a team so close to us in the league. You expect that from a relegation battler but not a team on the fringe of the play offs. But fair play they nearly pulled off a win as a result.

It's the respect that the mighty Albion deserve.

Still in the playoff hunt.

Buckley & Noone created mayhem in their defence second half - needed one of them to have started. The crosses they put in were just the sort of thing that CMS would have loved in the first half.

Great spirit shown by the lads as I thought we had lost our spark when Cardiffs second went in after Brez blunder. Still a point is a point.

Bring on Pompey.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Pretty fair comment... it won't stop us marching on, 4 points off them is a good return.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought they were one of the poorest side we have played this season at home. Cynical, constant time wasting. Bit of luck we should have stuffed them. Their 2nd was a misshit, looked good but didn't go were he meant it. Definately two points.dropped, bit of luck and Barnes could have had a hattrick

Disagree. They had a gameplan and it very nearly worked. It was a BASTARD job getting through them, and with that flukey 2nd goal most nights they'd have nicked it.

They rode their luck at times (first half in particular), but against lesser sides than us they'll win plenty on the road playing like that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think so. The defended deep and defended well most of the time, but we still had 15 attempts and 7 on target (vs their 6,3), scoring 2 goals. That's pretty good against a side of their quality, and if you ran that again we'd probably win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Their 2nd was a misshit, looked good but didn't go were he meant it.
Agreed, he was going for the other corner, but it came off the outside of his boot (by accident).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We (CMS) were never going to get anything from their centre backs.

Winger subs should have been made after 10 mins, half time, at the latest.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Their goals both had a touch of luck up them, buts that's how they set out to play.

Park the bus an either counter or get lucky (which they did a bit)

Hard to play against. Showed us plenty of respect by playing that way too!

Yep, probably shit scared of us after we opened them up so easily down at their place :)

Looked from the off like they came for the draw, with everyone behind the ball bar that niggly little git Miller, and their constant time wasting. Always content to let us play it out from the back too, with Miller not interested in chasing everything down.

To be fair to them they did commit men forward during that period of their ascendency early in the second half and that paid off with a goal. No arguing with their second goal either as it looked well taken from where I was, although I see others are saying Whittingham actually mis-hit it.

I think we deserved to take 3pts in many ways, but a draw isn't an unfair result and I'm happy with that as it means we're still unbeaten this year.

Also thought the ref had a good game. Always keen to play the advantage and let the game flow. Waved plenty of stuff away too that a lot of the petty 'look at me' refs would have loved to keep blowing for. Well played ref.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I don't think so. The defended deep and defended well most of the time, but we still had 15 attempts and 7 on target (vs their 6,3), scoring 2 goals. That's pretty good against a side of their quality, and if you ran that again we'd probably win.

Perhaps. But it was good enough for them to get a draw on the road today, which they would have settled for at kick off.

Either way we did a good job as its very hard to play against, and the shot stats tell that tale well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here