Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff fan here

bluebirdbaker

Aug 17, 2011
Hey, guys.

I write a blog for Cardiff City called 'Ninian' and I'm writing a preview for tonight's match.

To cut a long story short, I'd like to ask you a few questions to get some Brighton fans perspective on this fixture.

If you could take the time out to answer them, then it'd be really appreciated!

Cheers.

-----

Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player?

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight?

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)?

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season?

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season?

---

Thanks very much!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? Lee Naylor/Conway

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight? Craig Mackail Smith will run his legs of and if Lua Lua is playing his pace will terrorise anyone!

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)? will be tough game i reckon 2-2

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season? Mid table hopefully trying to push for a play off place but unlikely

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season? probably play off place or just outside

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? Despite his nomadic wanderings around the leagues, I think Earnshaw is someone always presenting a threat.

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight? CMS, his workrate will run your defence ragged.

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)? I am erring on the cautious side, I believe a goaless draw will ensue.

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season? Mid-table, probably the most popular view you will get from Albion fans if you asked them.

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season? Your traditional top 8, though I think you may have a better chance this year of taking that extra leap, MM is a sound manager in my view.

Farley11

Jun 16, 2008
Mile Oak
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? Peter Whittingham

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight? Craig Noone

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)? 1-1 Craig Noone

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season?10th

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season? 3rd

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? = Conway

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight? = Lualua

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)? = 0-0

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season? = Heart playoffs ,Head 14th

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season? = current squad 10th ,add 1 quality midfielder and a CB then playoffs

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You have a great squad with some excellent players. Picking one is hard but currently I fear Conway the most as he seems to be in good form.

Noone. He can make something out of nothing and can pass or cross from deep or take on a player and pass across the area. He's going to be key for us tonight.

2-2. We are playing well and with confidence but Cardiff are a proven and extremely good Championship side with home advantage. I have a feeling our 'winning mentality' is key and might help us grab a draw. A narrow loss wouldn't be a huge disappointment though.

Around 10th, possibly with a late flurry in form.

4th to 7th, difficult to say.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hey, guys.

I write a blog for Cardiff City called 'Ninian' and I'm writing a preview for tonight's match.

To cut a long story short, I'd like to ask you a few questions to get some Brighton fans perspective on this fixture.

If you could take the time out to answer them, then it'd be really appreciated!

Cheers.

-----

Rob Earnshaw is a class act at this level, ligntning quick and like a predator in front of goal. Kenny Miller is a proven international centre forward so the front line is top quality at this level.

The whole team is playing with confidence, I wouldn't like to single out anyone but we can attack from all angles which was why we were so succesful last season. With two side in great form and full of confidence it should be a crackerjack of a match.

0-0

2nd

6th

---

Thanks very much!

:O:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? Earnshaw

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight? Noone

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)? 1-0 cms

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season? Just outside the Playoffs

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season? Beaten in the playoffs, again!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? Kenny Miller

What Brighton player should we be mostly aware of tonight? Marcos "bite ya legs" Painter

What do you think the score will be tonight, and who will score (if any)? 1-2 (CMS x 2)

Where do you think you will end up in the table come the end of the season? One place above Southampton!!

Where do you think Cardiff will end up in the table come the end of the season? 2nd

bluebirdbaker

Aug 17, 2011
Great responses fellas, keep them coming. Currently editing your answers into my article, I'll try to get as many as possible.

Personally, I think it will be a 1-0 to you lot, you have a surprisingly strong side. I feel you'll do a Swansea this season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Great responses fellas, keep them coming. Currently editing your answers into my article, I'll try to get as many as possible.

Personally, I think it will be a 1-0 to you lot, you have a surprisingly strong side. I feel you'll do a Swansea this season.

While you're here - what are the answers to your questions if they were about Brighton (although I see you've answered the third question)?

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Peter Whittingham - bosses the midfield

Craig Noone - very quick and likes to run at defenders

2-1 (Earnshaw, Whittingham, Mackail-Smith)

Just outside of the play-offs.

4th.

bluebirdbaker

Aug 17, 2011
Who do you feel is Brighton's best player?

Will Buckley - he tore us apart last season when playing for Watford. He has pace, skill and a superb cross. Hell of a coup for you.

What Cardiff player should we be mostly aware of tonight?

Peter Whittingham, without a single doubt in my mind. Even in a totally un-biased view, I feel he is the best player in this league. He's sublime. Craig Conway is also another to watch, Don Cowie being an engine.

Cardiff 0-1 Brighton

9th

Where do you think Brighton will end up in the table come the end of the season?

5th

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Who do you feel is Brighton's best player?

Will Buckley - he tore us apart last season when playing for Watford. He has pace, skill and a superb cross. Hell of a coup for you.

What Cardiff player should we be mostly aware of tonight?

Peter Whittingham, without a single doubt in my mind. Even in a totally un-biased view, I feel he is the best player in this league. He's sublime. Craig Conway is also another to watch, Don Cowie being an engine.

Cardiff 0-1 Brighton

9th

Where do you think Brighton will end up in the table come the end of the season?

5th

Fair enough.

Why do you think Brighton will finish above Cardiff? Or rather, why would Cardiff regress from last year's play-off place? To my mind, only one thing makes me think that so clearly - I think you've taken a step backwards in firing Dave Jones and hiring Malky Mackay.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Who do you feel is Cardiff's best player? Not sure about best player, but adding a proven goalscorer like Kenny Miller has me a little nervous.

On current form Craig Noone, he has quick feet and an eye for a pass

My head says you will probably win this one, but the heart says you never know in this league.

I believe mid-table is a likely position, but as long as we are improving as a team its all good.

Its a very tough league this year, everyone is capable of beating each other. Top six should be achievable for you lot. The addition of Kenny Miller is a great one and Malky Mackay is a good manager. Best of luck to you after tonight of course.

bluebirdbaker

Aug 17, 2011
Thanks guys. Finished the Q+A section.

It's been a pleasure speaking to you lot. I honestly wish you the best of luck for this season, if there was any other team than Cardiff I could choose to get promoted from this division, it would be the Seagulls.

Tara now boyos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here