Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton And Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Leaving at six, my mate has FINALLY sorted me out a couple of comps. Looking forward to getting my red scarf :lolol:

Kuszczak

Bruno~Greer~Upson~Bridge

Bridcutt~Hammond

Spanish Dave~Vicente~Orlandi

Ulloa​

Hope Gus doesn't go all defensive for this one. I'm predicting a 1-1 and a black eye.

:albion:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
For me :-

------------------------------------------Kusczak--------------------------------------------------
Calderon------------------------El-Abd------------------Upson--------------------------------Bridge
------------------------------------------Bridcutt--------------------------------------------------
--------Lopez----------------------------------Hammond-----------------------------Orlandi-------
--------------------------------------------------------Vicente------------------------------------
------------------------------------------Ulloa-----------------------------------------------------

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff are going to go for it, but aren't solid enough to roll us over. We're beginning to seriously click. Ulloa is rested and is RARING to go. Vicente, incredibly, is getting BETTER.

I reckon we could win tonight.

You just NEVER know.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Cardiff are going to go for it, but aren't solid enough to roll us over. We're beginning to seriously click. Ulloa is rested and is RARING to go. Vicente, incredibly, is getting BETTER.

I reckon we could win tonight.

You just NEVER know.

You should be Mattatwork. Just having a quick meal with Welsh Martyn before heading off to the ground. Had a lovely walk in the Brecons and got a great view atop The Sugar Loaf. Agree we are improving. 2-0 to us Vicente first scorer or Ulloa.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On 9 yellows. 1 short of a two match ban.

I think Bridders will pick up a yellow card tonight , bad news is he faces a 2 game suspension , good news is he doesn't have to worry about be suspended for the game versus THE SCUM.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League matches at Cardiff
Brighton wins - 7
Cardiff wins - 11
Draws - 9
Brighton goals - 33
Cardiff goals - 44

League results at Cardiff (last 30 years)
English League Championship

17.08.2011 Cardiff 1-3 Brighton
22.11.2005 Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
12.02.2005 Cardiff 2-0 Brighton
English Division Two
29.09.2001 Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
English Division Three
09.09.2000 Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
03.10.1998 Cardiff 2-0 Brighton
28.03.1998 Cardiff 0-0 Brighton
24.08.1996 Cardiff 1-0 Brighton
English Division Two
05.11.1994 Cardiff 3-0 Brighton
28.08.1993 Cardiff 2-2 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
08.09.1984 Cardiff 2-4 Brighton
05.05.1984 Cardiff 2-2 Brighton

Last Season
Cardiff 1-3 Brighton
Att: 23,013
Possession: 48% - 52%
Shots: 12 - 8
On target: 7 - 3
Corners : 6 - 3
Fouls: 4 - 15
Bookings: 1 - 4
Scorers: Whittingham (90 pen) - Barnes (39, 63 pen), Hoskins (87)

Cardiff-v-Brighton-Ashley-Barnes-celeb-second_2637452.jpg

Head-to-head
• These clubs have met 60 times competitively since 1921, and each has won 21 of them.
• Four of the last seven Championship matches between Cardiff and Brighton have been drawn, including the reverse fixture in August, which was goalless.
• Cardiff lost this fixture 3-1 last season; their first defeat in 10 home league fixtures against the Seagulls spanning 20 years.
Cardiff
• Cardiff are flying high, eight points clear at the top of the table and on a nine-match unbeaten league run of seven wins and two draws. Peterborough is the only club to have denied them at least a point in 16 outings.
• Three points would see the Bluebirds maintaining their 100% home record against the top 17 clubs, and provide manager Malky Mackay the present he will be looking for on his 41st birthday.
• Defender Andrew Taylor is anticipating his 250th start for the club.
Brighton
• Brighton lie immediately below the play-off places, but four points adrift after only one win in six league and cup matches.
• Had the Seagulls converted their 13 draws into wins, they would have been seven points clear at the top of the table.
• Gus Poyet's charges have not lost a league game in which they have opened the scoring this term, and have not won one in which the opposition has scored first.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
gotta feeling we're gonna really hammer them tonight, like a proper 0-3 or 0-4. just the way cardiff are top and are probably shitting themselves and i think gus likes the fact the sqaud can come into this one as under dogs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here