Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City have lost approx 18,000 season ticket holders in 2 years

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I guess you have to take into account the fact that at BHA we do have a 12 month , interest free method of buying season tickets, which makes it far easier and spreads the cost. Cardiff may ask for money over 3 months with interest - so less attractive.

But take the point that a downward momentum is self fulfilling - unless stopped by injection of cash on better players. The longer the momentum, the more expensive it can be. So, take note TB
Yes that could be the case,but we also have overpriced season tickets unlike most clubs in this division.

Jan 30, 2008
New stadium , soul crew aren't bothered and a red kit don't help , unlike our support that seem to lap up any old crap that's thrown at them
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
New stadium , soul crew aren't bothered and a red kit don't help , unlike our support that seem to lap up any old crap that's thrown at them
regards
DR

Exactly how many of the missing 12,000 season ticket holders do you reckon were members of the SC then?

Regards

etc

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they was in the prem they'd sell out I bet

That's pretty much a fact of the modern game though, isn't it? We'd do the same, as do most teams who go up.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If they was in the prem they'd sell out I bet
Exactly. I've read this whole thread and yours is the only pertinent point on it. When they were in the Prem they sold out and had a waiting list. Now they're not they don't and they haven't. Not sure why people are struggling to grasp this and muddying the water by comparing clubs and chairmen.

File this thread under 'Do bears shit in the woods?'

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Swansea must be laughing, they did promotion the right way, didn't really sell out their club, (unloaded all of their less than satisfactory players on us (except Orlandi of course), and what have they achieved? A record Premier league points haul, which is probably going to be beaten this season, a top ten finish, a league cup, a europa league campaign, and a good fan base.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"...clear that many season ticket holders have not been going to games." Which is also true in a very significant way this season at the Amex with new swathes of empty blue seats in the WSL, ES both tiers and SW corner. Giving a loss of catering and merchandise income.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here