[Albion] Cardiff away now on Sky 12.30KO 20th February

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry Easy, I didn't mean SKY, I meant the current set up of clubs on the receiving end of being jerked around by SKY is not a sustainable business model. Too many fans losing too much money too many times.

I think if that were the case we'd have seen a serious impact by now. We as fans might have a little grizzle about it, but when it comes down to it, we still pull our pants down around our knees, bend over, and take it long and hard up the marmite freeway from dear old Uncle Rupert.

None of our crowds have been significantly affected by shifted kickoff times.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tickets sold, no because of the high % of STH rather than bums on seat a different matter

But the money we get from Sky (annually and on a match-by-match basis) will more than cover what we miss out on from people not turning up.

Not great when you see a few additional empty seats, but what can you do. TV is an intrinsic part of the game now, has been for years and that's never going to change.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You get a Sky a lot more top of Champ than bottom of Prem it seems. What really concerns me is our record on Sky is awful, aside of that we have a decent record in Cardiff over recent years

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is the reason why I can't book trains in advance to away matches now. Unless it's not necessary. If I go away it's the coach from now on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports