Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carabao Cup quarter-finals

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agree totally with the sentiment - but we won the League Two title as well.
Yep good point - but I wasn’t really watching games regularly then

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I still can't work out HOW we lost to Charlton...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Semi finals of the league cup? Would have gotten away with it too if it was that meddling Potter.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can’t stand Man U or Newcastle but now want one of them to win the thing. The problem with one of the others winning is that will mean one fewer place in Europe through the league.
Can't bear the thought of Newcastle winning or even getting to the final. Can you imagine His Smugness?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can't bear the thought of Newcastle winning or even getting to the final. Can you imagine His Smugness?
And the miracle will be reported as such in the media.

A new goalie
A whole new defence.
Brazil centre mid
About 100 million on strikers adding to 20 million Wilson.

But it will be a miracle because he is making a players who were each club record signings when signed for 20 million (almiron) and 40 million (joelinton) look like footballers. It’s a miracle I tell you. Either than or it shows how bad Steve Bruce was!

So spending over 200 million in addition to getting a 20 million and 40 million pound player look okay and winning the ressie cup is genius.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Dean Henderson is an insufferable tw@t, isn't he?

Highly amusing that he can't play in the semi (against his parent club).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dean Henderson ineligible for the semi finals 😂 Steve Cooper forgot

Wayne Hennessy in goal then

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I still can't work out HOW we lost to Charlton...
Weirdly I’m still not over it. I think this is possibly the biggest missed opportunity since we failed to win the Championship title (and that still grates too!), made even worse with City going out tonight.
I know we would have had to get past ManU but I’d have fancied us last night.
I was at the Valley and I still maintain the dry, bobbly pitch didn’t help us, it meant our players who want to run with the ball couldn’t and was a bit of a leveller, it doesn’t excuse we were very poor in the final third, particularly Undav and Trossard, had RDZ started Ferguson then who knows but that’s hindsight.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It’s a miracle I tell you. Either than or it shows how bad Steve Bruce was!
Its this. Part of Newcastle's improvement is not down to Eddie Howe, its to do with sacking Steve Bruce. He had them playing so badly that just removing him from the equation created an improvement. Go back to Bruce's last few months in charge and there were lots of stories coming out about how poor Newcastle's training sessions were, with very little focus on tactics or homework on opposition.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I was at the Valley and I still maintain the dry, bobbly pitch didn’t help us, it meant our players who want to run with the ball couldn’t and was a bit of a leveller,
I thought this on the night. We didnt play well but that pitch took away all ability to dribble with the ball and complete crisp quick passes. Its caused so much sloppy play from both sides, and reduced it to a very low level of football. Very much a leveller.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here