Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Can people sell gig tickets multiple times ? I’m still trying to understand why people think football is different in some way.
I've just resold on a gig ticket I bought on a resale site as couldn't make it. Not fraudulently or multiple times, but still not acceptable in terms of the football & The Albion.
Think you'll find the law treats football fans differently to concert goers etc.
I'm sure the club(s) will always abide by that ...and use it to reinforce their control of who purchases & USES tickets (particularly with away points etc being an issue)
You'll find this on every receipt:

Supporters are reminded that tickets are for the sole use of the allocated owner. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Ticket is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.

Sure most would like it to be different, but can't see that happening anytime soon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And also - why would someone create a duplicate, if it means that there's a likelihood that they themselves won't get in, because the person with the duplicate already has?
Pretty much the point I was getting to. Why do if you're going to get caught or risk your account being blocked. As a one off for a gig you might do it if you're going to sell 30 duplicates at face value, you could just set up an account for that gig but not quite so easy with football.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've just resold on a gig ticket I bought on a resale site as couldn't make it. Not fraudulently or multiple times, but still not acceptable in terms of the football & The Albion.
Think you'll find the law treats football fans differently to concert goers etc.
I'm sure the club(s) will always abide by that ...and use it to reinforce their control of who purchases & USES tickets (particularly with away points etc being an issue)

Supporters are reminded that tickets are for the sole use of the allocated owner. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Ticket is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.

Sure most would like it to be different, but can't see that happening anytime soon.
And to be honest, it shouldn't happen. How many people get banned from gigs? What needs to happen is an official resale opportunity similar to the ticket exchange for those that are, having purchased a ticket, then unable to go to the match.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agree. Not sure if it was an issue really but surely the hierarchy system of season ticket holders, myalbion members, purchase history etc can occasionally be abandoned and tickets can just go on sale and therefore just sent out faster.
Abandoning the tier system would probably have made no difference for Charlton, I'm in tier one, purchased on day one and am still waiting for my ticket to arrive, which now won't arrive (at the earliest) until Wednesday.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yes, but that’s not what we are talking about here.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Our tickets arrived today too. We didn't bother going in the end as predicted a collection fiasco (which seems to have happened) so effectively just wasted our money. Great customer service. Not. At least we ended up saving on the petrol! Small mercies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The club have far too many brownie points for me to start up but yesterday warranted a better statement than that today… I had a great day but I wasn’t affected

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can't read all the posts because I'm still a bit hacked off about the clusterfuck and result combined.

The staff in the portacabins were working like mental so fair play. There could have been better advice on the ground outside though. We missed about 30 minutes.

My first visit there and I liked it. But how the f*** we didn't score, ignoring the helmet of a ref, I'll never know.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Last night was woeful, got in 30 minutes after kick off. Wasn't given tickets for our allocated seats.
I don't agree with the club blaming the post strike, we've known about these for ages, the club could have agreed collect from the Amex or paid an extra pound for Recorded Delivery as a gesture of goodwill.
Last, I didn't see one representative from the club letting us know what was going on.
Poor performance all round from the club. The last few months have highlighted the fan / customer relationship with the club.
Barber is starting to come across as arrogant, just say sorry and we'll try to learn from last night's events and not blame every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
My ticket arrived today - just served as an unwanted reminder of last night's debacle - both in terms of ticket and match. Being positive - at least I've now been to The Valley and the view of Canary Wharf was nice.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'd got over it - life is too short and all that - but I'm still f***ing fuming about that statement almost 24 hours later. The fact they left it there today as well. Wankers.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wonder what was the latest anyone on the queue for tickets got in?

Any advance on Moto's half hour?

Shambolic really.

We were lucky enough to be able to join the queue at about 5.15pm and had our tickets by 6pm. Count myself lucky to have had some annual leave to use up, otherwise would have been joining the queue nearer 7pm and almost certainly would have missed a big chunk of the game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can people sell gig tickets multiple times ? I’m still trying to understand why people think football is different in some way.
Genuinely - and I mean genuinely - flabbergasted that some people don't know that there are specific laws relating to the sale - and resale - of football tickets in England.

We're talking Thatcher-era law-making FFS!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
20.35 was the latest posted on this thread.

Wonder what was the latest anyone on the queue for tickets got in?

Any advance on Moto's half hour?

Shambolic really.

We were lucky enough to be able to join the queue at about 5.15pm and had our tickets by 6pm. Count myself lucky to have had some annual leave to use up, otherwise would have been joining the queue nearer 7pm and almost certainly would have missed a big chunk of the game.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Mine still have not turned up. I got there early and had our replacement by 17:45 that is with even having to join second queue to get it printed as it was not there, but there was already a massive queue behind me, I was lucky to be able to get there early as I had already finished work until next year. 15 mins before kick off from the concourse I could still see a big queue and was surprised that the game was not delayed.

I know it must have been *ucking frustrating for those stuck in the queue, but the people handing out the tickets we’re working their socks off and dealing with what ever cluster *uck that they were dealing with. So in that statement I hope it is true, that people were able to hold back their understandable frustration and not give the staff handing them out a hard time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Genuinely - and I mean genuinely - flabbergasted that some people don't know that there are specific laws relating to the sale - and resale - of football tickets in England.

We're talking Thatcher-era law-making FFS!
You have misunderstood me. My question was related specifically to the technological possibility of passing on tickets rather than the laws governing resale.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The second lot of tickets I bought for friends with less than 200 points still haven’t turned up. As there’s a post strike today and tomorrow they won’t turn up until Weds next week at earliest now. (Haven’t had any post all week.)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The second lot of tickets I bought for friends with less than 200 points still haven’t turned up. As there’s a post strike today and tomorrow they won’t turn up until Weds next week at earliest now. (Haven’t had any post all week.)
Plenty of time to buy some photo frames to hallmark the classic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here