Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
why was collection form The Amex not an option?
Sorry I assumed you were joking.

The club haven't failed to mail the tickets. The strikes/Xmas mail/Recent weather have caused a massive backlog in unsorted mail.

The point you are missing is how mail sortation works.
I work in the industry so know a bit about this, but still it only really occurred to me today.

DSA providers (UKMail/Whistl etc) supply the mail from Printers across the country, into the correct RM distribution centres, ready sorted into the right orde for RM to prepare for delivery by the postie.
Items distributed by this method will be delayed by the strikes, but in general will be delayed by a predictable amount of time.

At this time of year, parcel post goes through the roof and a lot of it has guaranteed delivery terms so will be prioritised at each sorting office.

Anything that has been dumped into a post box or handed to RM for them to sort (our tickets) is going to have huge delays.
Strikes/SNOW /XMAs period have all combined to make this period, the absolute worst time to send unsorted mail.
But it seems disorganised if my 29/11 ordered ticket hasn't arrived but friends ticket ordered a week later arrived a few days ago? Similar postcode? Surely backlog is sorted in order?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I used the website to request a reprint of the tickets but did not receive an email.
Does not appear to be anything recorded in ticketing history either.
Anyone that has done the same - Is it the same for you?
No I got an email.

I suspect that you quit the process before the final page. I would suggest going back in and retrying.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
people are frustrated and anxious about their tickets and need someone to blame. I’m still not sure what the Albion (and Charlton) could do to cater for this perfect storm. The root of the problem is that Royal Mail have failed to do what they were paid to do because the Postman went on strike. It’s also their busiest time of the year not helped by bad weather.

Bearing in mind many of us have only paid £10 for the ticket our expectations of Charlton or Albion developing a QR code at short notice for this single match is a little fanciful.

Let’s hope we all get in on time and win.
I agree developing a QR code or similar for a one off game just isn't going to happen. But maybe it's a learning lesson that something should be developed for away/cup games rather than relying on post for paper tickets. And when I say develop ... I mean just adopt a process that's already out there. Like I said in an earlier post, I get an e-ticket for Worthing games.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree developing a QR code or similar for a one off game just isn't going to happen. But maybe it's a learning lesson that something should be developed for away/cup games rather than relying on post for paper tickets. And when I say develop ... I mean just adopt a process that's already out there. Like I said in an earlier post, I get an e-ticket for Worthing game
I agree developing a QR code or similar for a one off game just isn't going to happen. But maybe it's a learning lesson that something should be developed for away/cup games rather than relying on post for paper tickets. And when I say develop ... I mean just adopt a process that's already out there. Like I said in an earlier post, I get an e-ticket for Worthing games.
Out of interest do you (or anyone) know if any teams provide e tickets for away fans? Must be a good reason if not?

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks, that seems to have worked. I found earlier instruction on website misleading.
‘Please note that you need to have the transaction number (not fan number) to complete a ticket reprint request, this can be found on the Tickets section of your ticketing account.’
Or I realise ordering a reprint is probably not same as ordering duplicate ticket. 🤦

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
are you saying that we can print Charlton tickets at home? I don’t have mine, I thought we needed to pick them up from the ground tonight?

4goals

Jul 26, 2016
Ticket ordered Day 1 hasn't turned up, postie just been, Mate who lives just down the road ticket ordered last week arrived this morning! See a lot of you all in the Q later!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Out of interest do you (or anyone) know if any teams provide e tickets for away fans? Must be a good reason if not?
I’ve been to a few Worthing away games. Tickets are bought directly from the away clubs website and you can select an ‘away’ ticket - not that there is segregation. I guess they just like to get an idea of how many away fans might attend … although you can still just turn up and POTG of course.

Generally you get an email with a QR code to scan at the turnstile which you can either print off or show the email on your phone, which is what I do.

I’m not sure that currently happens in the Football League.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Or the Poll on WeAreBrighton Twitter

Could be bollox, but is more scientific than your judgmental statement.
Those who don’t yet have their tickets are more likely to go seeking for information. Likewise, they’re also more likely to interact with said posts and their devices will push related content. I highly doubt 50% of all Brighton fans will be queuing for a duplicate ticket tonight.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Finally had a post delivery, not there and not at the sorting office in Burgess Hill. Proper shambles from someone, I guess BHA are a bit more professional than to pin the blame on Charlton only sending us the tickets late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here