Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes me too……

And KLL roasting them time and time again….

Calderon scoring.

Definitely deserving of a ticket.
Last time I was there I got involved in a rather long discussion with increasing numbers of young security guys over a large artisanal loaf and some Comté cheese I was carrying. Head guy was eventually called who said “it’s just a loaf of bread” and let me in. One guy actually asked what I was planning to do with it. :shrug:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Great draw.
With a 6 week gap between games, I expect a Brentford level of interest in tickets.

Hopefully I will sneak into Tier1 this time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't get excited about tickets. Capacity is 27,111 of which they have to offer Brighton 10%. I think Wolves sold out at 3000 so if you got a ticket there then you'll get a ticket for Charlton.
First points rung for Charlton ?

300?

It was 254 for Southampton.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
We'll probably just get the whole of the Jimmy Seed stand surely, so 3k - does anyone know what Charlton do when they get drawn at home in the FA Cup against a team with a big away following? Presumably they'd need to give 4k so where do they fit them?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That was a terrible time to hold the draw. Really pissant.

When Gillingham, Lincoln and Blackburn came out early, I thought 'oh f***' so the final two balls were lovely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good draw for us - but for heaven's sake let's put out a really strong side and not risk going out of a cup that is opening up nicely after so many of the big clubs bit the dust in the last round. Our U21s are good, but the Papa Johns has clearly shown that they don't have a great record against League 1 and 2 opposition - and they've already lost to Charlton this season!

Full first team in all its glory please.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last time I was there I got involved in a rather long discussion with increasing numbers of young security guys over a large artisanal loaf and some Comté cheese I was carrying. Head guy was eventually called who said “it’s just a loaf of bread” and let me in. One guy actually asked what I was planning to do with it. :shrug:
Is that the guy that had you thrown out for foul and abusive language when you muttered the words 'Focaccia Comté'

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good draw for us - but for heaven's sake let's put out a really strong side and not risk going out of a cup that is opening up nicely after so many of the big clubs bit the dust in the last round. Our U21s are good, but the Papa Johns has clearly shown that they don't have a great record against League 1 and 2 opposition - and they've already lost to Charlton this season!

Full first team in all its glory please.
I'd imagine it will be, as a good warm up game prior to the re-start of the league

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Don't get excited about tickets. Capacity is 27,111 of which they have to offer Brighton 10%. I think Wolves sold out at 3000 so if you got a ticket there then you'll get a ticket for Charlton.
Won't they just give us the whole of the Jimmy Seed Stand which has a capacity of approx 3,000.

Bit hard to gauge demand for this one, on the one hand it's a London club away from home after weeks of no live football. On the other hand it's a few days before Xmas and some people may already be away, not able to afford it that close to the festive period etc. I imagine we will still shift whatever the allocation is though but may well get down to the lowest points tier before it sells out.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Had a browse through their forum to see how they felt. Pretty fair split of “shit draw” and “decent draw” However,

“I think people are building Brighton up to what they might not be. Arsenal have other targets now they have had that great start to the league and have qualified for the next stage of the CL. As for Brighton in the PL, it could be just new manager bounce. 3 consecutive wins in the PL has given them 9 points, puts them on 21 and pushed them to 6th. Take away those 9 points and they would be sitting in a relegation spot. Their season hasn’t been that great. They can’t afford to lose that new manager bounce or put too many eggs in that Caribao cup basket.”

There are undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rainforest who have a better understanding of our season than this dope :lolol:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Last there for a boxing day fixture. We lost. I was hanging. Mainly remember it because it was my excuse not to join the family at Christmas panto. I'd been undecided but called ticket office the second I heard of the panto group outing plan.
Great move. I was back enjoying a second turkey ham and cheese melt and another glass of port in front of the fire when they trudged in exhausted by 3 hours of mediocre entertainment surrounded by sugared up and under rested children.
Took my now missus to NY Day game in 1985. (Seagull) Special train out of Brighton. Won 1-0. Absolutely Freezing. We do well at the Valley around Christmas/NY.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Had a browse through their forum to see how they felt. Pretty fair split of “shit draw” and “decent draw” However,

“I think people are building Brighton up to what they might not be. Arsenal have other targets now they have had that great start to the league and have qualified for the next stage of the CL. As for Brighton in the PL, it could be just new manager bounce. 3 consecutive wins in the PL has given them 9 points, puts them on 21 and pushed them to 6th. Take away those 9 points and they would be sitting in a relegation spot. Their season hasn’t been that great. They can’t afford to lose that new manager bounce or put too many eggs in that Caribao cup basket.”

There are undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rainforest who have a better understanding of our season than this dope :lolol:
In fairness to the guy, if you took away all of our 21 points we would be on 0 and in real danger of relegation.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Won't they just give us the whole of the Jimmy Seed Stand which has a capacity of approx 3,000.

Bit hard to gauge demand for this one, on the one hand it's a London club away from home after weeks of no live football. On the other hand it's a few days before Xmas and some people may already be away, not able to afford it that close to the festive period etc. I imagine we will still shift whatever the allocation is though but may well get down to the lowest points tier before it sells out.
It will be the whole of the Jimmy Seed stand

Not hopefully as a STH with only 90 points but “it is what it is”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here