Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

car parking

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
now, i've been around these parts for a while and written countless emails and letters to the powers that be in support of you guys getting falmer so i know the battle you had to win and what the transport logistics on a match day might be and the car parking situation and all that.

but...

is the moving of your home games from the regular saturday 3pm slot to another time (fri 7.45pm) in this case on the advice of sussex police because they are worried about car parking going to be a regular thing? or is something else happening in brighton that weekend that has an impact on the car parking situation? i did google and saw only a food festival going on. don't suppose you can really answer the first question really, i was just curious if something else is going on or if the moving of games because of car parking is going to be a regular occurrence.

Car parking is going to be a challenge for EVERY game. We still don't know enough about how the various car parking arrangements will work (or even how they are supposed to work). But it seems fairly clear that demand for park & ride places will exceed the supply. The report that went to the City Council's Planning Committee last week claimed that 100 per cent of away fans were expected to arrive by hired coach.

I'm sure that concerns about car parking for the Leeds game isn't the reason the fixture has been moved.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yes, i've been following the threads on here about parking/travel at falmer.

our chief exec says the police wanted it moved for the car parking reason. i'm sure it's all to do with cars and not drunk fans on beaches.

"We're disappointed that another of our early season long away trips has been moved," said CEO Shaun Harvey.
"It will be an inconvenience for our fans and it's disappointing for them, particularly as this is the first time we have visited the new stadium at Brighton.
"The request was made by Sussex Police as a significant amount of car parking required for our game on the Saturday would be unavailable due to other pressures inside the city."

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
what is the right reason. i'd be delighted to correct shaun.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
now, i've been around these parts for a while and written countless emails and letters to the powers that be in support of you guys getting falmer so i know the battle you had to win and what the transport logistics on a match day might be and the car parking situation and all that.

but...

is the moving of your home games from the regular saturday 3pm slot to another time (fri 7.45pm) in this case on the advice of sussex police because they are worried about car parking going to be a regular thing? or is something else happening in brighton that weekend that has an impact on the car parking situation? i did google and saw only a food festival going on. don't suppose you can really answer the first question really, i was just curious if something else is going on or if the moving of games because of car parking is going to be a regular occurrence.

It is a fantastic food festival though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here