Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car insurance query

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'm in a similar situation - I've recently obtained a part time job delivering items for my employer with a van provided.
However yesterday he asked me to use my own car - which I did but I'm feeling now after reading this that I should obtain business insuramce

Definitely, plus he should be reimbursing you 45p per mile if it's going to be an ongoing arrangement.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Definitely, plus he should be reimbursing you 45p per mile if it's going to be an ongoing arrangement.

Thanks - yes reimbursement has been mentioned - I'm going to phone up the insurance company to get a quote tonight.
Edna's reply above about the six points and penalties sort of hammered it home really !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She has phoned her insurance company and although her insurance costs her £1300 per year and she has a black box fitted, because of her age and inexperience they would not add business use to her policy. However her policy is due for renewal in a month so is going on line to check other companies.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Most calls are now monitored and if she called they would ask for her details to check her policy. If she was then involved in a claim and had tge child in the car they may tie it in with her call and if they had told her she needed more cover and was not covered would not honour the claim.

Hang on. This sounds dodgy. She suspects she may have insufficient cover, so doesn't want to contact her insurers incase they say she's not correctly insured? She is worried because she intends to continue driving without changing the policy regardless of what they say ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
She has phoned her insurance company and although her insurance costs her £1300 per year and she has a black box fitted, because of her age and inexperience they would not add business use to her policy. However her policy is due for renewal in a month so is going on line to check other companies.
That sounds more sensible, she has done the right thing, but unfortunately now has a different issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here