Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Car Help Please! Ford Fiesta, petrol cap / flap jammed? Thanks

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Ford introduced this system so there's no need for a cap. Normally in the glove box though may have been moved is what looks like a slender funnel. This is designed to release the flap if using a petrol can to fill up with. If you can find it try pushing that in, giving it a shove if need be.

Yes that's right it could be a funnel with fords.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Ford introduced this system so there's no need for a cap. Normally in the glove box though may have been moved is what looks like a slender funnel. This is designed to release the flap if using a petrol can to fill up with. If you can find it try pushing that in, giving it a shove if need be.

Apologies for my ignorance, is this a detachable piece with which I should give the 'cap' a push? If so would a screwdriver or a particuarly firm finger suffice?
Thanks, I'd give you the thumbs up but it only seems to give me the option to 'thumb-down' posts

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The thing you need looks like this. It's usually with the spare wheel/under the boot floor.

8U5Z17B068D_1.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you tried turning the engine off and on again?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
NSC at its finest…

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
NSC at its finest…

Totally. I read this thread and was completely emotionally invested in every twist and turn. From “wrong fuel” theories to the mysterious “special tool”. So glad it’s sorted without anything expensive happening, and probably another clear sign that I need lockdown to end sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here