Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Exhaust rip offs

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Not sure if they are still in business? 'National Autocentres' - AVOID. Bigger shysters than Kwik Fit. Went in for a new exhaust many years ago. They called me later in the day claiming I needed over £700 of work doing on my car! They claimed I needed new brake pads & discs despite the fact I'd had them replaced three months earlier elsewhere!

Seconded, avoid like the plague. I think you mean NATIONWIDE AUTOCENTRES?

We used to use the one in Denmark Villas in Hove but always felt they were adding on bits here and there whenever we had a service/MOT.

It all came to a head one day when I pointed out that the big lit-up sign above their heads told me that the price of my Service MOT was almost £20 less than they had just charged me. They hit me with a patronising lie 'no love, that's not for your car's engine size'. But the sign said specifically which engine sizes were included (I guess they were hoping I didn't know my car's engine size).

So did they then cough up a refund and apologise? Did they heck! Grumbled a bit that they had been sussed and then said 'we'll take the difference off when you come in to have your cam belt done'. How dare they! So of course I stood there with my hand out in front of other customers and said 'I will go when you refund me the difference and I won't be back.'

And we never did go back. We now use Hangleton Garage which is friendly and they even drop your car back to your house if you want, once they know you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here