Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car drivers should be microchipped

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And you're missing the point too, motorists can easily be traced by virtue of the plate but they're not. I would hazard a guess from the level of illegal activity I see on the roads on a daily basis, much less than 5% is detected and punished.

Very true, but sssssshhhhhh. Not meant to mention the amount of speeding and handheld use of mobiles whilst driving (1.5 tonne missiles) that is so prevalent, as all us car drivers are meant to squeaky clean and loathers of those evil cyclists.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Was just thinking of this thread during a 20 minute drive today. Saw 5 cyclists jump red lights and another 3 try before noticing the oncoming traffic, and my favourite, a cyclist going around the centre of a roundabout at 5mph and gesturing at traffic when it undertook her.

With this thread in mind, I had a little chuckle.
Today i drove with my family to DFS by Hove park from Portslade. We all looked out for other drivers texting or talking on their mobile phones i kid you not we counted 11.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Today i drove with my family to DFS by Hove park from Portslade. We all looked out for other drivers texting or talking on their mobile phones i kid you not we counted 11.

Staying with mobile phones for the mo, as I got to work the other day I saw a fat bloke pedestrian in conversation as I drove towards him. He was facing me. I slowed down because I thought me do something stupid. He did, he just stepped into the road in front of me before waking up and realising a car was bearing down on him. If he can be that distracted as a pedestrian, I hope he never takes a call while driving.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well im obviously just saying to get a rise out if you, , cyclists are obviously pure

Definitely seen it, often on the road to up the beacon, even once on the beacon, also going down axes lane and coalmongers lane on occasion. ........but maybe im wrong or seeing fouble with all the alcohol motorists drink combined with my extremely high speeds and lack of consideration for other road users

Well I don't know about axes or coalmongers lane, but if they're anything like the road up to the beacon they are far from busy, windy or narrow! Also when cycling up the beacon you may at times have to overtake another cyclist, therefore giving the momentary appearance of riding two abreast, but like for car drivers overtaking is allowed. Basically get over it, cyclists are not an inferior class compared to you in your car, every Tom dick and harry has a car these days, you're nothing special.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Christ. When you say "by Hove park" you actually mean "in the penalty area in front of the north stand".

Saddest thing I'm ever likely to read on NSC.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Christ. When you say "by Hove park" you actually mean "in the penalty area in front of the north stand".

Yes but sometimes you just have to move on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Amex, Goldstone, Amex, Goldstone, Amex, Goldstone?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
And you're missing the point too, motorists can easily be traced by virtue of the plate but they're not. I would hazard a guess from the level of illegal activity I see on the roads on a daily basis, much less than 5% is detected and punished.

You're better to take that up with the police, neither my remit or concern! :facepalm:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
only polite to answer
so is the judgement reasonable?
whats your big idea?
and how old are you? cant be older than 19 can it?

Once again not sure what your point is with the news story

My "big idea" ot suggestion is clearly stated in my last comment

As for my age it seems you are implying im young, , please be aware I have conceded when I have been in the wrong, I have based any judgement on my own personal experiences BUT you have not acknowledged there are dangerous cyclists and dangerous roads and also constantly resorted to derogatory insult aim at handcapped people such as "retard" "you have learning difficulties" etc......you think im a child??

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Well I don't know about axes or coalmongers lane, but if they're anything like the road up to the beacon they are far from busy, windy or narrow! Also when cycling up the beacon you may at times have to overtake another cyclist, therefore giving the momentary appearance of riding two abreast, but like for car drivers overtaking is allowed. Basically get over it, cyclists are not an inferior class compared to you in your car, every Tom dick and harry has a car these days, you're nothing special.

So the beacon road is never busy?? As a rider or a driver do yoi think over taking on the beacon is dangerous? If noy please let me know as I dont want to be driving up there on the same day as you
I cant even be bothered to answer your last comment as you are clearly just rambling

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Once again not sure what your point is with the news story

My "big idea" ot suggestion is clearly stated in my last comment

As for my age it seems you are implying im young, , please be aware I have conceded when I have been in the wrong, I have based any judgement on my own personal experiences BUT you have not acknowledged there are dangerous cyclists and dangerous roads and also constantly resorted to derogatory insult aim at handcapped people such as "retard" "you have learning difficulties" etc......you think im a child??

my point is do you think the judgement is just? simple question

your big idea isnt a bad idea cos it doesnt qualify as an idea. separate cars and bikes, brilliant

why so coy?you are obviously young cos of your half baked nonsense like "the
scousers are trying to make money out of the 96", unf@ckinbelievable

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
my point is do you think the judgement is just? simple question

your big idea isnt a bad idea cos it doesnt qualify as an idea. separate cars and bikes, brilliant

why so coy?you are obviously young cos of your half baked nonsense like "the
scousers are trying to make money out of the 96", unf@ckinbelievable
Likewise hence your constant name calling and obvious issues you have with people of disability (you never seem to acknowledge or answer any of them yet you can judge ne on a comment I made about scousers ,which you qouted incorrectly)

I am not a magistrate buy if a car is in the wrong the powers that be know who they are (registration/insurance etc and deal with any punishment within the law) if a cyclist is in the wrong they cannot always be traced as one cyclist looks (leotards, spandex, helmet etc) very much like the next cyclist

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
To be fair, everyone should be microchipped as it would massively cut crime across the board. It's only one short step from GPS on your phone.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm a driver. My view is many, many cyclists jump the lights, ride the wrong way up one-way streets, are a hazard to pedestrians on pavements, are abusive when they don't get their own way on the road, etc. etc.

Drivers also frequently break the law by speeding.

The Brighton Greens naturally hate cars and have done their best to waste millions on 'traffic calming' measures and mainly empty cycle lanes. The 20 mph speed limit is a joke. Luckily, they will be ousted at the next local election (or, at least, they should be).

Cyclists should be subject to licensing just like car drivers.

Neither 'side' is blameless but, at the moment, cyclists mainly get away with their transgressions. Drivers sometimes don't.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
If everyone had an id such as number plates then any wrong doing on either side the wrong doer cqn be held accountable maybe for those cyclists who do break laws after a punishment will make others think twice, for example many drivers dont speed because they know they will get fined etc so maybe less cyclist (not all as like drivers, theres always one)wouldnt take any risks or break any laws

I have to admit (despite my personal experiences) I have learnt a bit on this thread and can understand where some cyclists are coming from and maybe my stereotype (again gained from experiences) is not entirely correct ......but then Roger will come back on amd change that

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Likewise hence your constant name calling and obvious issues you have with people of disability (you never seem to acknowledge or answer any of them yet you can judge ne on a comment I made about scousers ,which you qouted incorrectly)

I am not a magistrate buy if a car is in the wrong the powers that be know who they are (registration/insurance etc and deal with any punishment within the law) if a cyclist is in the wrong they cannot always be traced as one cyclist looks (leotards, spandex, helmet etc) very much like the next cyclist

yesterday i was rightly chastised by woody and have since refrained from the insults,
so its not constant, is it? you werent exercising much restraint as i recall, but i did go to far.
i apologise for that, it was wrong, but you do aggravate me.
you obviously put no effort into forming ideas and opinions but you insist on airing them.
other posters have noted you back up your points with porky pies

pls correct me on my misunderstanding of your scousers comment

so youre still evading, please, impart some wisdom,
four people die in wales and the perpetrator escapes all sanction,
is that right?

:kiss:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here