Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Car colours

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What are your colours of choice in an ideal world?

Metallic Blue or Red for me. Like Black but it’s a fecking nightmre to keep clean so won’t be having another in that colour!

Orange seems to be the hipster choice in sporty and performance cars these days and grey for the older drivers as far as I can see

Personally HATE Orange and am not a fan of grey :smile:
20201011_093438.jpg
Have always loved grey for some reason.
But have had this from 2010 and love it.
I also clean cars at Ruislip tube station.
@swindonseagull will attest to this :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My historic car colours:

Navy Blue
White
Navy Blue
Navy Blue
Red
White
Grey
Navy Blue
Grey
White

I was always reserved about having red though as apparently it is the most stolen/damaged colour.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I love black cars but yes they are a pain with scratches and swirls, plus if you have black trim, they aesthetics of that can get lost. Although very stealthy looking.

I've had a few silvers, probably the best colour for hiding damage and scratches.

Grey is always good contrasting against black trim, but got bored of grey cars.

Went for red on my previous, got told that apparently its a hard car to see for other drivers and they get hit a lot :ROFLMAO: Again wasnt an easy car to keep clean.

Current one is white, wasnt too fussed about the colour this time and as its a black edition it really shows up the contrast between the white body and black wheels/trim and darkened glass, no i am not a gangster).

Black interior all the way though, i think that's an age thing as older people i know like the beige and bright interiors.

I think a lot of cars are white because its the free colour, i don't think the paint is necessarily cheaper unless its metallic etc

FYI found this online for the UK last year for new cars:

Top 10 car colours 2023​

ColourNumber of registrationsMarket share %Volume change vs 2022
Grey509,19426.8%22.6%
Black385,17120.2%18.5%
White314,38216.5%16.9%
Blue287,21315.1%10.9%
Red142,1797.5%3.9%
Silver124,4826.5%26.4%
Green53,4262.8%71.1%
Orange16,6771.7%-14%
Yellow11,8800.9%11.4%
Bronze6,3500.6%-18.6%

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What are your colours of choice in an ideal world?

Depends too much on the car, and sometimes accents that are standard to that car.

I like a deep metalic blue. Mini's white silver is very nice.

Something bright and flashy can be nice on a sports car - quite like a yellow Porsche.

Black is nice if you get it ceramic coated and you're happy to wash it a lot.

Silver is good for those not washing their car as much, and can nice on a curvy stylish car.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's so car specific.
I have a 2013 SLK AMG in what they call silver but it's relatively dark and almost with a copper/gold tint.
I love burnt orange on some cars but it would probably look ridiculous on mine. I also like a deep blue but again, probably wouldn't suit my car.
Matte grey with either orange or green accents looks stunning on a Lamborghini but I doubt it would do much for an Austin Ambassador.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
It's so car specific.
I have a 2013 SLK AMG in what they call silver but it's relatively dark and almost with a copper/gold tint.
I love burnt orange on some cars but it would probably look ridiculous on mine. I also like a deep blue but again, probably wouldn't suit my car.
Matte grey with either orange or green accents looks stunning on a Lamborghini but I doubt it would do much for an Austin Ambassador.
Are you sure it is actually "Silver"?

Decode the VIN at www.lastvin.com

Out of interest, what engine does the SLK have?

It's probably called "Elephant's Breath" or something similar to a poncy Farrow & Ball colour:

1709150270019.png

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Are you sure it is actually "Silver"?

Decode the VIN at www.lastvin.com

Out of interest, what engine does the SLK have?

It's probably called "Elephant's Breath" or something similar to a poncy Farrow & Ball colour:

View attachment 177632
_20220716_084306.JPG

It's registered as Silver but the closest colour I can find is Indium Grey (which I believe is a Volkswagen colour)
Mine is a 2.2, 4 cylinder, just over 200bhp.
I'd imagine it's not a true AMG as far as tuning goes, it has the body kit, alloys and sports mode which makes the accelerator pretty lively and sharpens the brakes.
I love it, it's great fun to drive.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
View attachment 177635

It's registered as Silver but the closest colour I can find is Indium Grey (which I believe is a Volkswagen colour)
Mine is a 2.2, 4 cylinder, just over 200bhp.
I'd imagine it's not a true AMG as far as tuning goes, it has the body kit, alloys and sports mode which makes the accelerator pretty lively and sharpens the brakes.
I love it, it's great fun to drive.
It looks nice - the colour on the V5 is just generic, if you decode the VIN it will tell you the actual paint code and colour name plus all the options it has:

1709154666165.png

Mine on it's 25th Birthday last year:

1709154945333.png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here