Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Car colours

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Most of the metallic greys and silvers suit my lack of interest in washing the thing. Very forgiving. Rarely look dirty and minor scratches are not too obvious.
My car paint colour is a sh1t colour, literally it is brown. Had it washed last year for the first time as the inside needed doing and I couldn't be bothered, would have probably left it otherwise. I had had it 6 years at that point.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most of the metallic greys and silvers suit my lack of interest in washing the thing. Very forgiving. Rarely look dirty and minor scratches are not too obvious.
100% this. I was given a very limited choice of black, white, or dark grey for my company car. As it sits outside the window, next to my colleague's (obviously*) filthy white one, I can see that the grey was the correct choice.

*there's not a chance mine has been washed more recently than his - in fact it hasn't been washed once since it was delivered in November! (I do keep the INSIDE immaculate, though).

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Here’s mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I used to have a dark grey car which I hated. I felt invisible. My husband to to cycle to work, and I used the motorway, but found cars pulled out of side roads in front of me, and in lanes on the motorway.
i started driving with my lights on so I could be seen,
My husband didn’t believe it was as bad as I said, until he drove it for several days when I was in hospital and convalescing.
i then got sick of cars flashing me, because I had my lights on in the daytime, or telling me as I was parking up.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I used to have a dark grey car which I hated. I felt invisible. My husband to to cycle to work, and I used the motorway, but found cars pulled out of side roads in front of me, and in lanes on the motorway.
i started driving with my lights on so I could be seen,
My husband didn’t believe it was as bad as I said, until he drove it for several days when I was in hospital and convalescing.
i then got sick of cars flashing me, because I had my lights on in the daytime, or telling me as I was parking up.
When it's a damp grey day I find a lot of grey cars end up nearly invisible.
Oddly when it's also a touch dark and everyone should have sidelights on grey cars seem the most loathe to use them.
In conclusion grey is not only dull but it's dangerous. Black and white are just braver versions of grey. Pick a colour people.
My current car is burgundy. It's that colour because once I'd decided on a model it was the first one I found (after much looking) that wasn't f***ing black, white or grey.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
When it's a damp grey day I find a lot of grey cars end up nearly invisible.
Oddly when it's also a touch dark and everyone should have sidelights on grey cars seem the most loathe to use them.
In conclusion grey is not only dull but it's dangerous. Black and white are just braver versions of grey. Pick a colour people.
My current car is burgundy. It's that colour because once I'd decided on a model it was the first one I found (after much looking) that wasn't f***ing black, white or grey.
I once had a Burgundy car, can’t believe the number of “old man” colour comments I got!

Apart from finding grey duller than beige it is also the colour most likely to get you involved in an accident imo, drivers who are less than alert often don’t see them coming without lights on as they blend with the tarmac.

May 25, 2023
Croydon
Not really fussed by colour to be honest. Never buy new so never really have much chance to choose. Over the years I have had:

Dark blue
Light blue
White
Red
Light grey
Dark blue
Black
Mid blue
and Black

So basically mostly dull.....😭

My car history is:

1999-2000 Purple [Ford KA)
2000-2002 Metallic Blue [Ford KA]
2002-2006 Black [VW Lupo GTI]
2006-2011 Black [VW Golf GTI]
2011-2015 Black [VW Scirocco R]
2015 Black [VW Golf GTE] Only had it for 4 months then changed jobs.
2016-2019 Black [VW Golf GTD]
2019-2021 Black [Volvo XC40]
Gave up company car during Covid/Furlough so had a few different pool cars [Silver and Dark Grey]
2023-present Black [BMW 330e Touring]

My wife had a black Renault Clio when we met, then a grey VW Polo, now has a white Audi A1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here