Car broken down - help !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
Hello NSC

After a weekend of non use my car decided that today it would not start. I have tried the old jump leads which normally does the trick, but this time no such luck.

With not being a driver for long i am quite dumb when it comes to things like this. Whats the deal with getting it sorted as obviously i cannot get it to a garage.

My breakdown cover unfortunatley does not include "home start" so thats not an option.

What can i do?

cheers

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have you tried turning it off and

Oh :down:

What happens when you turn the key?
Nothing, turns over, clicks under the bonnet?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

or get a mechanic mate to look it over. very difficult to do car fixing over t'internet. i assume that its not turning over and you have had flat battery in the past, maybe buy a new battery? where/what did you jump it from? or remove battery and try to charge - if it doesnt hold charge you'll need a new one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Get a hammer and whack the starter a few times. May be frozen.

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004

or get a mechanic mate to look it over. very difficult to do car fixing over t'internet. i assume that its not turning over and you have had flat battery in the past, maybe buy a new battery? where/what did you jump it from? or remove battery and try to charge - if it doesnt hold charge you'll need a new one.

Thanks Beorhthelm, i wasn't really expecting the problem to be diagnosed on here. Was just wondering what to do if cannot fix it. Do garages come and collect or will i need to get it towed to them?

ps. Home start only applies 72 hours after signing up to it. Ideally need the car sorted befroe then.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
where are you Armchair?, i am happy to help anyone with car problems as thats my job

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Try pushing the car down the road 100 yards then phone the AA, your not at home:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports