Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Car breakdown support.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Those with breakdown cover as a part of their bank account policy / fees beware - check what cover you have with your policy before travelling too far from home.

I found out the hard way that mine only provided a very limited amount of cover, and when mine wasn't repairable at the side of the road, they would only tow to the nearest approved garage. The alternative was that they would charge me per mile to tow to a different garage or back home (not great when i was over 100 miles from home - fortunately i was staying in the area for a week anyway and was able to get it fixed well before i was due to leave)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Personal membership with Green flag, covers me and the wife in any car for a little over £90 for the year, bargain I think. And that’s the full package excluding foreign travel.
This. Similar price. Service has been fine when they have been needed, but the personal cover isn't available for cars over 16 years old (which mine is approaching).

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This. Similar price. Service has been fine when they have been needed, but the personal cover isn't available for cars over 16 years old (which mine is approaching).

Absolutely, I think most breakdown cover is only up to a certain age of car, I’m fortunate to have a 2 year old car and my wife’s is 1 year old but still would not be without cover.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Auto aid - £44 a year for me and the wife. Have had to use them once and they were superb.

This. I'm with an obscure company that had decent ratings.

I called out once this year when the clutch went and they came in an hour and towed me to the garage I go to. Think it's about £60 for the year.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm amazed there are still people who don't shop around for stuff like this each year. It's a small effort, but pays off in cash.

I've never paid more than about £70/80 for full-fat breakdown cover.

A further two words: Quidco; Topcashback

What are Quidco & Topcashback?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely, I think most breakdown cover is only up to a certain age of car, I’m fortunate to have a 2 year old car and my wife’s is 1 year old but still would not be without cover.

Cars of that age should be covered by the manufactures own breakdown cover, mine always are.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Companies will mug you off the longer you stay with them and don't contact them for a better deal. Theres no such thing as loyalty.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here