Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
How? Family are bound to be very careful so presume it was a nurse. Lots of questions though. Has he had a jab?
Really wish him well.

They did go to Barbados at Christmas, so plenty of opportunities to come into contact.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I live about 7 miles from Tom. Tonight I’ve started a movement. I’ve left a tie out for Tom. He is always immaculate, collar and tie. So I’ve left my best tie hanging on my front door. I’ve put it on social media 4 hours ago and it is rampant, people doing it right across our community. Praying he comes through this, our local super hero. Join the cause, leave a tie out for Tom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They did go to Barbados at Christmas, so plenty of opportunities to come into contact.

Wish him well. Can’t help but feel he the opportunity to maximise his profile by his family around all of this made me feel a bit uncomfortable. They was always present on all ‘his’ media appearances, appointed full PR team very quickly to maximise his opportunity and then taking a 100 year old bloke to Barbados for Christmas during a pandemic and full country lockdown looming?

Hmmm.

Last edited:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I live about 7 miles from Tom. Tonight I’ve started a movement. I’ve left a tie out for Tom. He is always immaculate, collar and tie. So I’ve left my best tie hanging on my front door. I’ve put it on social media 4 hours ago and it is rampant, people doing it right across our community. Praying he comes through this, our local super hero. Join the cause, leave a tie out for Tom.

I’m 5 miles away from Marston, but no ties on any doors around here in Flitwick (they may have all been stolen I suppose). Where are you based seagullwedgee?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I’m 5 miles away from Marston, but no ties on any doors around here in Flitwick (they may have all been stolen I suppose). Where are you based seagullwedgee?

My best tie is a black one so not sure its very appropriate (or that seagullwedgee was being entirely serious?).

Hope he pulls through obvs .. get well soon Tom!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Wish him well. Can’t help but feel he the opportunity to maximise his profile by his family around all of this made me feel a bit uncomfortable. They was always present on all ‘his’ media appearances, appointed full PR team very quickly to maximise his opportunity and then taking a 100 year old bloke to Barbados for Christmas during a pandemic and full country lockdown looming?

Hmmm.

This with bells on! And let's not forget British Airways wanting the huge positive publicity to deflect how they have been treating their staff during the pandemic. Really hope he pulls through.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Hmmm.

I hate this kind of post, especially when the subject is ill, but I'm afraid you make some relevant points.
I did not know that he went to Barbados, i find that incredible, that the man who did so much to raise awareness and money for the NHS and a real figurehead for doing the right thing.
No way would he have said lets go to Barbados for Christmas at 100.
This stinks.
I really hope he pulls through, unlike my mum a while back who had exactly the same issues as Tom but was 20 years younger, medication is better now than then and it was only May 2020.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It was on his bucket list apparently so he was given a holiday for himself and his family. He deserved it in my opinion and noone forced him to go. Hope you pull through Captain Tom.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Really sounds like bad news

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
All his close family are in the hospital with him which is only allowed in exceptional circumstances. :(

It's a horrible time....in my dreams, the best always come through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here