Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good innings Sir Tom well played caught out by a wicked plague but you can truly rest in the knowledge that you more than did your bit

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sadly, thought that was it as soon as I heard he was in hospital.

Shame he had to miss the beating of this virus, but what an amazing gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

Condolences to his family but they should be so very proud of him.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Such a shame.

Would have been lovely for him to have seen things get back to normal and see first hand how much he meant to people. I'm sure he would have rung the bell at Lords which would have been a beautiful moment. RIP

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A simple voice that echoed what we all thought. "One day these clouds will pass," he said. He got up out of his chair and did something kind and simple and showed us the way to behave in all this mess. RIP

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A good long life, Blankety Blank, a wonderful charitable effort, meeting Michael Ball, a #1, a knighthood and a final blow out at the Carlisle Bay Club.

RIP Sir Tom.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A top man. A sad end yes, but what a life and what a final year.

cap-tom-motorcycle.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I found I had something in my eye this afternoon, and was unable to get the words out when Mrs T asked me 'what's up?' As others have said, acts of simple initiative, done in pure heart, with an impact that was a thousand fold more than the man had expected :bowdown:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What’s really saddening about this is he had pneumonia and so was on medicine for that which stopped him having his covid vaccine that very well might have saved him, for me it’s really sad for him to go down as a coronavirus death.

‘ Naturally, Sir Tom would have been first in line for a Covid vaccine but he had not yet received the jab due to the medication he was on for pneumonia.’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here