Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Captain In Place Of Dunk?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Who got thrown the armband on Sunday, I couldn't see from the TV shot - Lallana for me until he goes of then Gross for the last 20 minutes I reckon

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Depends on what Potter wants in a stand-in.

If he's committed to comedy, it'll be Maupay

down to 8 men after a mass brawl on 37 minutes :lolol:

Gross took the arm band when Dunk ducked in for a shit in the CP changing room . . . . so Lallana for 65 minutes, Gross for the rest.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The obvious choice is Lallana, but I can see any number of players taking it on - Gross, Webster, Ryan, Propper (if fit and playing).

I don't know who the club vice-captain is.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Have nothing against Lallana but I'm not a fan of a player being given the armband after such a short period of time at a club. Would much rather it went to Propper or Gross but can't see either of them starting so it should be Maty for me.

As an aside, we always look so much more dangerous and incisive with Gross on the pitch. Would love for him to start against WBA on Monday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have nothing against Lallana but I'm not a fan of a player being given the armband after such a short period of time at a club. Would much rather it went to Propper or Gross but can't see either of them starting so it should be Maty for me.

As an aside, we always look so much more dangerous and incisive with Gross on the pitch. Would love for him to start against WBA on Monday.

Gordon Greer was given the captain's armband as soon as he arrived. Didn't do the team any harm that season.

Andrew Crofts was another one who arrived and was made captain, and he's still under 23.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Gordon Greer was given the captain's armband as soon as he arrived. Didn't do the team any harm that season.

Andrew Crofts was another one who arrived and was made captain, and he's still under 23.

Sure, Lallana being captain wouldn't do the team any harm at all - and after listening to the Palace game w/o crowd noise he's clearly already a leader.

It doesn't make too much difference who wears the armband anyway, it's mainly symbolic, and for me I'd much rather see one of the 2017 summer signings wear it, considering how much they've given for the club.

(Btw I remember Greer being made club captain when he came in but can't remember Crofts being made captain straight away?)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Lalarna who will not last 90 minutes but who has impressed me of late is Webster against Palace players were trying all sorts to get a reaction out of our player and Webster was very calm at one point Zaha was really having a go in the direction of Webster who was just laughing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here