Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Captain for today?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Should never be given the armband ever...after the stunt he pulled at Withdean. It's not been forgotten.

Not forgotten, no, but forgiven by most, surely?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think giving it to Upson, could be a masterstroke. It would make him feel at home straight away, probably make him stick his chest out a bit more and feel a part of something. I don't think it would be a problem with the other players, given his background. Might give everyone a lift before what is a massive game.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If Calde is not in the 11 then it is a difficult choice. I would have one of the following:

Bridcutt - leads by example but isn't what i would call a motivator. Seems a quiet player, by which I mean he doesn't gee up the other players like Greer does.

Hammond - is a motivator and has captained the side previously (forget the Withdean stunt - move on)

Bridge - experienced but again, not a motivator. Seems quiet on the pitch.

Upson - Experienced and a motivator. I like captains at centre half or centre mid. Would also have respect from team mates due to his experience playing at a higher level. Might also encourage him to stay into next season (if we want him to)

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Should never be given the armband ever...after the stunt he pulled at Withdean. It's not been forgotten.

About time you give it a rest over Hammond, morons like you should be shot.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Does it really matter then? All they do is call heads or tails & have a couple of pictures :) Should be 11 captains on the pitch at all times IMO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would give it to Hammond or Bridge as I am sure both will figure in Gus's the plans for next season or possibly even Lopez if he has learnt to speak English.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Barnes. Bridders doesn't need the extra work. He's the type of footballer that gets his head down and works hard. Not a captain for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here