Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Captain for Sunday?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Gross will play in the likely absence of Lallana and he will rightly be the captain

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Groß for the first 40 mins when he goes off with a torn deltoid muscle after four corners.
then Bissouma, until 62 mins when he goes off looking for the ball that left the stadium after another shot at goal.
followed by Sánchez until 88 mins when he brings down Kane for a penalty.
The final 2 mins Sánchez will throw the armband to the last remaining fan in the East Stand to take over for the remaining 12 minutes of injury & time wasting time.

I still expect us to win mind.

You forgot Maupay's late equaliser

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
We actually don't have that many vocal players. Lallana if fit (big if). Größ has done it before but can you see him rallying the troops with any urgency or words of advice?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patreon
Jun 20, 2021
For me the issue is not who has the armband (although giving it to Solly would be a nice touch) but rather who is going to step up and be the leader in the pitch. Without Dunk, Duffy etc I can't see who the leaders are to organise and shout at players. Biss is a great player, but never comes across as a natural leader. I think Gross has captained the side before in cup games, but I am not sure of his ability to motivate others.
Then again, Potter always stresses the need to work as a team, so perhaps we do need one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The captains job these days is to argue with the ref so a good English speaker would have its advantages.

Gross or Veltman, nailed on then.

SOlly is no captain, he can't lead himself half the time let alone a team ( I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The captains job these days is to argue with the ref so a good English speaker would have its advantages.

Le petit shithouse s’il vous plait

And Maups is really on it and focused the whole game - as soon as Ward Prowse left the wall he was calling and gesturing for the ball - brilliant stuff, always alert 👍...but I don't think he'll be captain.

It would be nice though - Maupay's English was good enough for Jon Moss to understand..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And Maups is really on it and focused the whole game - as soon as Ward Prowse left the wall he was calling and gesturing for the ball - brilliant stuff, always alert 👍...but I don't think he'll be captain.

Generally I dont like when players with the most intense tasks (like Biss or Maupay) are captains. Let them stick to chaos and some one else do the order.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It doesn't really matter as Spuds will wriggle out of it.

May as well play Elton John 4401284.jpg

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Generally I dont like when players with the most intense tasks (like Biss or Maupay) are captains. Let them stick to chaos and some one else do the order.

Agreed, 100%. If all the usual suspects are unavailable it would be Veltman for me... unless he's tasked with causing chaos on the back of Son's ankles 👍 although the Dutch can usually multi-task

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here