Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Capped real budget

Should a spending cap to include wages and transfer be placed on teams per season?

• Yes

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Love it but never happen

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
How can a non traditional ‘big six’team EVER break through. Seems impossible under current spending rules. Do you want more stringent caps?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Save your energy. It’s entertainment not sport.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's a food chain, we should just be grateful we are the hyenas and not the antelopes.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
It will all go bust eventually. Probably sooner than it looks. Eventually the interest in the game will drop if we keep witnessing the gap between the middle-eastern/ American clubs of the Prem and all the other teams.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know I know…..
Not disagreeing with your sentiments mind. Merely offering an easier way to reconcile self with increasingly corrupt, sportswashing sham that was once ‘the beautiful game’

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's a food chain, we should just be grateful we are the hyenas and not the antelopes.
First they came for the antelopes, and I did nothing because I am not an antelope…

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Not disagreeing with your sentiments mind. Merely offering an easier way to reconcile self with increasingly corrupt, sportswashing sham that was once ‘the beautiful game’
Don’t know if I can reconcile. I’ve had chats with big six supporters on trains/buses about this and they look at me glass eyed. It’s pervasive in game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It will all go bust eventually. Probably sooner than it looks. Eventually the interest in the game will drop if we keep witnessing the gap between the middle-eastern/ American clubs of the Prem and all the other teams.
My Dad’s been saying that since the EPL formed.

Unfortunately petro states now own clubs, whilst Boehly and Kroenke counter that with their own vast wealth. It’s been Americanised to stay.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I generally don’t enjoy American sports, but I do like their salary caps, college sports programs, and draft picks. That’d really change up and improve the game here - imo.
Ducking for cover now.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We have to know our place...

great-chain.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here